“Beware - all rooms have queen beds”

Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Typical Residence Inn with one major exception. Hotel only has queen bedded rooms. Quite a letdown. There is also a pull out couch in the room, but I always find it hard to sleep on a pull out. Staff was very helpful in recommending restaurants and also told us about a very interesting museum.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Madmaxwell48
Dominick T, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Madmaxwell48,

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are correct, our hotel has only Queen size beds. The feedback regarding my staff is always encouraging and I'm so glad they went out of their way to provide you with local area knowledge. Please keep in mind we do have Two Bedroom Suites which can accomodate up to 6 guests. If that is something you need in the future, please dont hesitate to give me a call.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband regularly stays at the Hauppauge Residence Inn for business and a couple of weeks a year our family join him on the trip and stay here too.

The staff are friendly and always happy to help. The breakfast room is very handy and it is great to be able to pop in there to feed the family before heading out for the day.

The rooms are quite small - we usually opt for a one-bedroom suite - you can get a trundle bed added to the lounge but you have to move around the other furniture to make this work (we do this for one daughter while the other sleeps on the pull out couch).

The pool and spa are lovely and warm. Great food is close by at Five Guys Burgers and Mama Sbarros. A short drive up the road to supermarkets and other amenities.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank shellburn
Reviewed January 8, 2014

stayedhere as we have many times in the past 7 years since leaving long island the first problem was finding a luggage cart as they have so few when you do get one they are in poor shape tires usualy flat next the door to the room is stuck and hard to open bathroom tub was cloged and did not drain toliet ran all nite shelve over toilet was missing and holes in the wall tv and clock were broken in exercise room on treadmill hot tub was out of order the hole stay tv package has limited channels breakfast should been extend till 10 for the holidays very few local newspapers for the amount of guests not even a plastic cup by bath sink barbq was slimy stove top cooked hamburgers and hot dogs with stale rolls left word with dominick manager twice but neaver heard back needs majior renovation

Room Tip: try to get ground floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank frank f
Dominick T, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank so much for your feedback of our hotel. I do apologize, this is the first I have heard of your issues. I did not receive a phone call or e-mail and my staff did not inform me of your concerns. With that aside, I do apologize for the average experience you had with us. I did inform my staff about them and we are certainly looking into them. I did make not on two items in particular, later breakfast hours during the holidays and more newspapers. Next time you come to town, please look me up I would love to say hi. We hope you and your family have a great New Year.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We absolutely loved this Residence Inn. The staff was friendly, the one-bedroom suites amazing, and the courtyard was lovely and inviting, including nice seating. Breakfast was great as well. We were just here for an overnight to visit Stony Brook, but we would definitely return if we are in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Dominick T, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

LeslieRMH,

Thank you so much for the glowing reveiw. Please be sure to stop by and say hi next time you are in town. We truly appreciate the great feedback.

Best,

Dominick

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Was very disappointed in this Residence Inn. Not up to par with other Marriott Residence Inns. Had a one bedroom suite. Furniture was old and scratched. Bed needed new mattress and choice of pillows. Sofa bed was horrible, not only as a bed but as a sofa. Sooo uncomfortable. Not once did I hear a vacuum being used to clean the rooms. Never even saw one with the housekeepers. The bedding and bath were very clean and the housekeepers were very pleasant and willing to help. Breakfast left a lot to be desired if you've ever stayed at other hotels that offer a hot breakfast. Just a substandard Residence Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Lorraine B,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give our hotel a review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is taken seriously and we do act on reviews to make future stays more enjoyable. Our hotel was renovated in 2009, which included new sofas, beds and furniture. Our rooms are on a maintenance cycle which includes woodworking, painting and other preventive measures to have each room look like new. We did re-visit your room and did notice items that did need improvements and we did act on them. We just wanted to thank you for pointing them out and we hope you did visit us again when in the Hauppauge area.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here for two nights because I had a wedding to go to in the area. The room décor was nice, and the kitchen was updated.
The first night, I tried to sleep on the bed with my boyfriend, but the middle kept caving up and we'd wake after falling into the middle into each other. I eventually slept for the rest of the night on the sofa. The pillows were also huge and felt like it was bending my neck in half.
The next day, I called the front desk and made them aware of the problem with the bed. She said that maintenance would do something to fix the problem. We also asked if they had smaller pillows, and they said no.
That evening, we noticed that they put a wooden board under the mattress, and flipped the mattress. The problem was that this mattress was a pillow top, and is not supposed to be flipped. The underside is hard as a rock. We tried to sleep on it, however I ended up on the sofa again.
I let the woman at the front desk know in the morning, and she was apologetic. She eventually deducted one night's stay from my bill, which was nice, however this did not make up for 2 horrible nights of sleep on the sofa and neck pain.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Dominick T, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Jane B,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide feedback about our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable and certainly helps us make our hotel better for future guests. Your situation with your mattress is something we are currently dealing with. In 2013 we purchased 30 brand new mattresses and in the fall on 2013 we plan on purchasing more to ensure all mattresses are up to our guests standards.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope our great service and hotel conditions will bring you back to our hotel.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here during a busy Labor Day weekend. Even with the hotel being fully booked, they were very accommodating. The rooms were clean. Any extra item that was requested (like extra towels) came to the room within 5-10 minutes.
Continental breakfast is offered every morning and it is fully stocked with great variety.

The main lobby was very inviting. The middle area is set up as computer workstations with charging modules built into the table. There is free coffee, tea and hot chocolate offered all day.

The negatives about this hotel is the water pressure in the shower was very low. It was hard to get any shampoo suds to build up and then even harder to wash the shampoo all out. Also the card-key to the room constantly gets demagnetized, especially if you keep it next to your phone. I never had this problem at other hotels.

The indoor pool was nice as well. Unfortunately, the amount of towels were limited and you couldn't bring the towels back to the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dominick T, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear rahrahshishkumba,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel and to give us such a favorable rating.

We have been in contact with our contractors to discuss water pressure and also have shared your concern regarding our shampoo.

We hope when your back in town we will be your choice for accommodations.

Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Residence Inn Long Island Islip/Courthouse Complex
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino

Been to Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia? Share your experiences!