“Expensive, but great breakfast”

Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The first room my parents and I had was a tired one bedroom suite. The main bed had an old saggy mattress, and the room had bugs and smelt of smoke and age. The mattress on the sofa pullout was thin and lumpy.

My parents and I paid to upgrade to a two bedroom suite, and it seemed to have been more recently renovated, with good mattresses and the furniture and paint in much better condition.

I wouldn't choose to stay here, except its 5 miles from my brothers house. And right off the LIE, plus close to the Jericho turnpike.

However, the breakfast is excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful, not their fault some of the rooms need an extensive update.

But given i am a regular guest at Marriott, I would have hoped for a better room from the start!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NewfieGirl13

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I travel around the U.S. and only stay in Marriott extended stay hotels (i.e. Residence Inn and Townplace Suites)
Check in was great, friendly desk staff. Evening socials and even breakfast was up to par like other Residence Inn’s. Fitness room and pool very nice and all equipment seem to work great.
Room in general was not up to par. Closet mirror/doors were broken and off the track, tried to adjust the mirror/doors and cut my hand on the mirror since I didn’t see the frame was off the doors. The fan in the bathroom sounded like a jet taking off whenever I would turn the light on. (Kind of hard to shower in the dark) Vacuuming wasn’t done from the previous guest, (I unrolled my yoga mat only to have food particles stuck to the bottom) microwave hadn’t been cleaned and parking is sparse.
I was scheduled to work from April-June and moved to a Townplace suites in Farmingdale and have been extremely satisfied with this Marriott property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The title says it all... Who could ask for more? Clean comfortable room, happy staff, very reasonable pricing. Will return. Had a studio with a cute kitchen, full fridge and mini cool top. Very nicely appointed rooms!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I just returned home from a trip to LI for a funeral and I must admit with the economy the way that it is, I wanted to save money and bid on a hotel (3.5 star) on Priceline and sadly got the Ramada in Holtsville.. (NASTY HOTEL.)... After staying there the two days that I already paid for and having a horrible experience, we switched over to the Residence Inn in Hauppauge were we normally stay when we come to Long Island.
Switching from the Ramada to the Residence was like going from sleeping in a horse stable to resorting at Disney World.
This property is immaculate, very clean.. The rooms are spacious with kitchens, microwaves, nice TV's, plenty of parking, security, and doors that actually work when you use your room key. The grounds are kept nice. Complimentary breakfast, and evening snacks.. Unlimited complimentary coffee and hot tea..
The Staff was amazing. very friendly and welcoming
I have always enjoyed staying at the Residence Inn in Hauppauge, but after having a horrific experience at the Ramada, I learned the phrase you hear "you get what you pay for" is VERY true !
This hotel is the BEST.. I highly recommend it and look forward to staying here again next time I come to LI

Room Tip: This hotel is perfect no matter where your room is located
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mom_of_Ten
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We arrived after a very long car ride from the Midwest & were greeted by "hospitable & friendly" staff. Our one bedroom suite was better than we could have expected with a full kitchen & a pull out couch. The mattress on the sleeper sofa could have been better but what can one expect...Everything else was great...from the full breakfast in the morning, to the exercise facility, the pool, the entire staff (which was courteous & professional) as well as, the location...Our family was pleasantly surprised & would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite on the 1st floor which was perfect for our family!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I only stayed one night but it is as all the reviews have described. Great value, great service, right off 495. This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at when I was to tired to drive and had to pick a place...I will be back

Room Tip: Park as close to your room as possible, pet friendly and they have free breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The hotel room is just like the pictures. It has a kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. Free Wi Fi and breakfast every morning. Very comfortable and close to everything while also been private. Just make sure that if you are not leaving your room early you have the "Do not disturb" sign up.... They come early and only knock for a second before they walk in....LOL!!
Would recommend and will stay there again =)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Residence Inn Long Island Islip/Courthouse Complex
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino

Been to Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia? Share your experiences!