Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Travelocity
$109
Smithtown Inn(Smithtown)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenfront desklong islandone bedroom suiteroom was cleanliving room areapool and hot tubyogurtsausage pattieswaffle makerdesk staffbit datedstay there againeach morningconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfastearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I was given a one bedroom suite. It was comfortable, clean, and had large TVs in both rooms. The internet is free, adequately fast, but wired only. There is wifi in the lobby.

Breakfast is typical US hotel - paper plates and plastic cutlery, but the food is okay and coffee good.

Room Tip: A single room suite seemed pretty easy to get
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2011

my three children and i stayed one night and were happy with our room. it was comfortable and quiet. We used the pool and exercise room. Breakfast was pretty good and the kids seemed happy. Unfortunately they did not have a cot we requested but they gave us plenty of blankets and pillows. One of the kids decided to sleep on the floor rather than share a bed with his brother.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank onthegomomof3
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I tend to go to this area of Long Island frequently and toggle between the various Marriott's. This one had large rooms and a kitchenette, and the staff was friendly. They also had grills available for use. The room was clean and the hotel was extremely quiet, and breakfast was included in the price. The base price was more expensive than other local hotels, but I got a promo code for being a Marriott rewards customer that brought it down. There were a couple of buildings with a courtyard in the middle, so, depending on where your room was, you may have to walk through the courtyard, or drive to a different building. The hallway and elevators were a bit dated and need some renovation. It did not have a function room, which I considered a bonus (note: there are a couple of local hotels with function rooms where the noise either travels to nearby rooms and/or the party-goers can create significant late-night hallway noise). Given that I travel with small kids, I won't even stay at the hotels with the function rooms anymore. Bottom line: The quiet factor plus room size and convenient location near the LIE make this a good bet, but, it is a bit expensive (especially given that they could use some renovations) so I would hunt for a promo code to get the price more in-line with other local hotels.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel two nights. After sleeping for the first night, I woke up in the morning with a bad itch on my arms, neck and legs. I thought it was some allergy. It kept itching entire day. Second day, I woke up to go to the washroom at 3 am and to my surprise, I found a bedbug on my arm. I immediately woke up my husband and we checked the mattress. We found more bed bugs crawling in the mattress.
We called up the front desk, but no one picked up. Next day, we personally went to the front desk and complained. They took it very lightly and said that it very common these days. Clearly, we were not the only people to complain about bed bugs. The hotel manager was extremely rude when we asked for another room. I was really shocked to hear manager's explanation that they cannot change room for small things like bugs.
I did not pay $150 a night to be bitten by bed bugs and to carry them home. This hotel does not deserve one bit to be a part of Mariott.
Shame on you, Residence inn Hauppauge !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank japneet
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Small Hotel, Good rooms like a residential place. The best part is having Kitchen included in all rooms so that makes it best for people visiting with family or colleagues, wired internet is complementary. The location is very cutoff, no attractions nearby hotel. Private transport is necessary as there is no public transport nearby. Takes almost 1&half hour to reach new york city from here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business