“Great hotel for the price - especially for Long Island”

Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
North Syracuse, New York
“Great hotel for the price - especially for Long Island”
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Stayed here a couple of times - paid $100 -110 for my room each time which is quite cheap by Long Island standards.

Quick and easy check in. Very clean and spacious room - nice decor, felt very at home here and the bathroom was also very nice. Flat screen TV. Very comfortable bed with fresh linens - slept like a baby. Nice comfy easy chair with ottoman. This is now my "go to" hotel when visiting family on Long Island because of the value and quality.

The only complaint was the food selection at the breakfast bar... not much choice, and being on Long Island - would be nice if they got some *real* fresh Long Island bagels from a local shop, rather than the out of state pre-packaged crap they had during my stays.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
KyleMatthews, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
I am glad you enjoyed stay at our property we strive guest service excelence and look forwad to your next visit on Long Island.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Omg! So unexpected.. So I am staying here and I overslept didn't hear wake up call. Completely my fault, however when I asked for housekeeping @ 3 pm the front desk informed me they went home for the day. I remained calm and asked if I would be able to switch rooms she said no. When I asked what could be done she said I don't know that's really not my problem along with a couple other things. Also refused to transfer me to the Manger on duty or the GM. Extremely below average customer service
Very slow interrnet

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Ambermae1040
KyleMatthews, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
I appreciate your response regarding the service issue at the hotel. I can assure you we do strive for customer service excellence and do not condone anything less than that . We look forward to an opportunity show you our true colors regarding service at your next visit if possible.

Travelers are raving about these Hauppauge hotels

New York
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I had reserved a room with my credit card over a mobth ago. Upon my arrival the front desk wanted a credit card. Even though I had already guaranteed my room with a credit card. I gave the clerk one she returned a few minutes later saying ny credit card was denied. Not quite sure why I gave her a different one . When she came back she had gotten approval for more than the cost of the room . When questioned she said it was to cover possible incidental charges, Only one problem NO RESTAURANT< NO BAR OR LOUNGE where could their be extra charges. Anyway went to my room which I will rate in a minute . Checked with my credit card company and found not one but two charges from the hotel which had supposedly been denied. When questioned the desk SHE said I must be wrong or misheard my credit company. When I called them back in front of the clerk she refused to listen or correct. Told me to call the manager on Monday and would not get anyone else and walked away. Which is what I should have done!. I do not know who cleaned the room before I was there but the bath tub was dirty . Garbadge still around. Showered in pool area. Next morning FREE breakfast had to be because no one would have paid for it. Website says waffles and "Special" cinnamon bun as well as fresh fruit All that was there was packaged danish, muffins and danish all frozen from SARA LEE . When I asked they said they could not put out anything but packaged food until THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT comes back and gives them a clean bill. Hotel staff on ck out again said nothing they could do to call on Monday or dispute it with my credit card company. STAY AWAY if you value your credit rating. Ps Priority club was no advantage at all . For two people one small (4oz) water and small bag of pretzels.!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fingerlakes09
We apologize for the problems you faced during your stay. We have increased our breakfast selection with a variety of items. The incidental approvals on credit and debit cards are customary for all hotel stays and those amounts are released at the time of check out. We apologize if this was not explained at check in and is not just for additional room charges but also for room security. We would like to see you again and wow you with a better experience.
va beach va
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We had not stayed at a Holiday Inn before & will never stay there again. The house keeping was not good. They need to clean under the rim of the toilet.
Continental breakfst was very poor. No eggs, waffels or fresh fruit.
When we asked the desk clerk she said that the health department had to inspect before they serve the eggs etc. that is was coming soon.
When I booked the room I did not see that it was a prepaid reservation. I called them & told them we only needed 3 nites instead of 4 nites I was told sorry no refunds for the one nite we did not need. I called the GM twice & my call was not returned.
So we will stay at Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Shearton & Embassy. They are clean & produce what they advertise.
They were friendly at the Holiday Inn.
Margaret VA Beach VA

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spikeboy
We do apologize for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay. We have updated our breakfast and now have a variety of selections hot and cold to choose from. We would love to have you back at our property to show you all the new upgrades we have done. Thanks again for expressing your concerns.
Reviewed August 4, 2010

This is my third time to stay at this location, I had a good experiece before that's why I returned. The hotel standard has gone down. The room was not well prepared on arrival, the second day house keeping forgot to put towels in the bathroom. Every day house keeping make an annoying call to ask you if you need their service! I had with vauable documents but they did not have available safe deposit boxes although I stayed 5 nights. Breakfast does not compare to that of Hampton inn or Residence inn, the two other hotels I had stayed in earlier this summer.

• Stayed August 2010
Upstate, NY
Reviewed July 19, 2010

An average stay at a Holiday Inn Express.
Rooms were clean and comfortable, nothing to write home about.

We stayed for a wedding and the hotel provided a free shuttle, which was very nice.
Also, the highlight for this hotel is the on-site breakfast, which provided a very good selection (although it was still a good continental breakfast - again, nothing to write home about).

Downsides include a lot of noise coming of the Long Island Expressway which is roughly 200 feet away.
The view is garbage - nothing but highways, keep your curtains drawn.
The overflow parking lot is devoid of lighting and the hotel is in a sketchy area to begin with, bad combination.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We tend to stay at this chain because of its predictable quality and the fact that we earn points towards free stays. This particular one was conveniently located next to the Long Island Expressway, and as we were only staying one night for a family affair at a local restaurant. The room was fine, and the free breakfast was more than adequate. The common areas were clean and well tended. One complaint is that the maid tried to get into our room while we were in it, once ostensibly to deliver some missing washcloths. We had no "do not disturb" sign to hang and had forgotten to throw the security bolt, so I'll give them a pass on that issue. However, it happened again later when we did have the bolt engaged. This was really annoying. Another problem was that the cable lineup was totally inadequate. They need to invest a little cash in the cable services. More and better channels please.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
KyleMatthews, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review the property. I do apologize that a staff member interrupted you while in your room and that you did not have a Do Not Disturb sign. Future use of a Do Not Disturb sign will help ensure your privacy at all hotels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge? Share your experiences!