“Best for short stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Chennai (Madras), India
“Best for short stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Facilities are decent and providing free complimentary breakfast..coffee available all the time :)

no near by restaurants..need to walk minimum 2 miles for restaurants for lunch and dinner..free drop and pick-up to office and airport :)

Room Tip: choose this for 1 or two days stay...as this is located in highway easy to hang out... have more A/C...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Saul C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear sayhitomylittlefrnd,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent experience! We are glad to see you enjoyed some of our key amenities, like our express start breakfast, to the 24 hour coffee station in the Great room available to all guests. Great to see you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle service we offer to the local area and local train station. Unfortunately we do not have nearby restaurants but we do have nearby convenience stores in the area to offer the basic needs, and in addition we have an excellent restaurant guide our guests take advantage off and combine it with our shuttle service to enjoy their night out! We thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit all the way from India!

Saul Castillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were robbed by hotel employee. Did not have room service during the day as I was sick. Went out about 4pm to get prescription and something to eat. Asked desk clerk for fresh towels and box of tissues. When I returned to room, my door was closed but not tight. Towels were on floor in front of door with box of tissues on top. When I entered the room, hotel employee is standing in room, room is tossed and he bolts. My husbands watch and some of my jewelry , perfume, & medicine were stolen.

Room Tip: Not recommended
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank clf0308
Saul C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear clf0308,

Thank you for expressing the valid concerns from this challenging experience at our property. Security is our up most priority and unfortunately this incident did not represent that for you which resulted in us failing to meet your expectations on many levels. We have taken immediate action after completing our investigation and the associate involved has been removed from our team. We sincerely cannot apologize enough for the incident and the inconveniences of your stay but rest assured we have taken all the necessary steps with corrective action and training for our entire team to provide the best service possible while respecting our guest privacy. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any other concerns. My contact information is 631-348-1400 ext. 7900 or via email at saul.castillo@hixhauppauge.com. Thank you again for your time and we appreciate your feedback and patience through resolving this matter for you.

Saul Castillo

Travelers are raving about these Hauppauge hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is our 2nd time staying at this hotel. Our family has gotten 3 rooms on each visit. The entire staff is always very friendly and helpful. The rooms always smell fresh and are very spacious and clean. The hotel provides complimentary hot breakfast which is also a plus.

Already planning another trip there :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Einya
Saul C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Einya,

What a wonderful return review! We are delighted to see that you truly enjoy each and every visit to our property. We thank you for continuing to be a frequent traveler to the Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge! We shared your compliments of our staff friendliness with the team and we are all looking forward to your next visit! Please let us know if we can assist with any reservation arrangements and thank you for continuing to recommend us!

North Salem, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very friendly staff. Hotel is very clean. Located right off the LI Expressway. I was on LI for business, and found it quite comfortable. They have a wonderful breakfast setup, which is included. The food was very good. I will definitely go back again. I have between 3-4 business trips to LI a year, and I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TriciaNorthSalem_NY
Saul C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful five star review of our property! Our property is conveniently located right of the 495 LI Expressway on exit 56. Our Express Star breakfast offers our signature cinnamon rolls and pancakes along with many other healthy options for our guests! Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit later this year from nearby North Salem, NY.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Hotwire got a rate that was only $15 less for a 6 night stay. Stayed 6 nights, on 5 on those nights our keys didn't work!!. 2 of those 5 it was so bad that the desk clerk had to come up and use a master key. Elevators were very slow. Had 2 copies made and they were so dark as to be unreadable. Computer did not have Adobe so were unable to print boarding passes. Breakfast was terrible, we ate out twice at Maureen's Kitchen (rated 9) and worth it. Twice in room with yohurt & fruit. (The only decent part of breakfast) Had a pancake machine?? that would put out pale sticky pancakes every 90 seconds or so. It just gets me upset thinking of how horrible is was.
Did I mention the broken glass in the parking lot from a car break in. Be forewarned!!

Room Tip: Do not stay there
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Carolyn C,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about our hotel . It is regretful to learn about any inconvenience you may have experienced on your recent stay. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

My family reserved a room at this hotel for one night. We arrived around 11 PM on Saturday May 17.  We were given a room with a king bed and sofabed which is what I had reserved.  The room and hallway smelled like smoke though this was a nonsmoking hotel supposedly. A strong air freshener was sprayed to mask the odor.  We got into the room (609) to find that the sofabed was boxed in by a nightstand and coffee table.We called the front desk and the girl that was there (name unknown, no name tag) said there were no other rooms available.  My husband asked how we were supposed to use the sofabed and the front desk person said it was usually used for decoration but if we wanted, WE should move the furniture. Since we weren't moving the furniture and the staff seemed incapable of helping us we asked again about another room. Suddenly there was one, so we were lied to about there being no other room.  The second room was fine except the toilet was backed up.  We asked if someone could come up with a plunger.  20 minutes later (which was now about 12:20 at night) my husband had to get totally dressed to go down to the front desk.  The now different front desk person  named Nancy said she could not find a plunger. She called a manager who found one in about 2 minutes.  My husband told the manager, James, that the service at this hotel was extremely poor.  He said he would comp us for the room.  I checked out this morning. No comp!  What an awful way to run a hotel with rude, uncaring people!  I wouldn't stay there ever again and would certainly not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Helene A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear helenessa,

Thank you for writing a detailed review of your experience in our hotel. Guest comfort is very important to us and we are committed in providing guests a pleasurable stay. Based on your comments regarding your room conditions, I sincerely apologize that we are not able to meet your standards.

I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information about your experience. We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Jersey, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have stayed at this property over 30 days on business trips over the past 12 months. I have discussed my concerns with management on at least 3 separate occasions but I haven't seen any changes or improvements. The hotel was recently sold to new owners and they claim they are going to do a "complete overhaul and renovation" . But in talking to staff this may not happen until later in the year and will take some time. I'm done. I'll wait till they show me something tangible.

So where to,start? There are so many little annoyances that lead to an overall unsatisfactory stay. I'll just list them:

-Elevators are tied up by housekeeping staff with their carts while guests are trying to get out in the morning. This really ticks me off because this is a problem they could fix right away. Additionally the housekeeping staff won't get out to let the guests in when it stops on your floor after you.ve been waiting 5 minutes.

-The hotel is non-smoking for a few years. However the prior smoking floor (6th floor) still smells like cigarettes. Staff warned me not to stay on this floor if it bothered me which it does. This is the floor with larger King rooms with pullout couches by the way.

-The place is ALWAYS busy. It is right off the Long Island Expressway and the parking can sometimes be areal challenge or when you find a space it will be a walk to the hotel. They have one lot that no one uses because it is too far from the hotel.

-There is inadequate front desk staff. Some of the staff are excellent but unless it's mid-day on a weekday one person can't handle,check ins and check outs, phone calls (both in and outside calls)
And everything else under the sun efficiently. As I said this is a 7 story hotel frequently booked to capacity or near capacity, HIRE MORE PEOPLE!!! There is no excuse for waiting 20 minutes on a weekend to check in.

-All sorts of maintenance problems exist at the hotel. In the past year refrigerators were broken, ceilings leaked, one of the two elevators was down for four days on one stay, fire alarms go off in the middle of the night (false alarms of course), Internet went down, tv reception goes off, parking lot wasn't plowed promptly or well during snow storms, walls were showing peeling and wear, not enough convenient outlets for charging devices (also a simple fix), light shades with stains or holes, the outside awning is rusted and corroded. To be fair not everything happens on every stay but over the past year every one of these complaints were things I have experienced.

It really is getting quite problematic in Hauppauge but why should they rush to fix anything if they continue to sell out? I guess if you stay for a night (as many do) you put up with it and move on. But for business travelers who expect better go elsewhere. This review was along time coming and they need to start paying attention instead of telling people they care but then do nothing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
James Andre T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear SMLivingingston,

We would like to take a moment to thank you for you informative feedback regarding our hotel. We always appreciate when valued customers like yourself give us the added tools need to make your stay ralaxed and comfortable. I would like to address some of your concerns that you've stated. We are daily working on issues that would prohibit a less than comfortable stay. We are in touch with the necessary service providers to assist us with some of the technical issues you might have experienced. We are looking forward to future upgrades and renovations and we wish you to know that change is in progress. Moving forward, we hope that you will notice the additional staff that we have hired as well as some of our new and latest breakfast items, bedding items and lobby ammenities. Change is taking place and we invite you to come back again and see it in progress... Best Wishes!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Islandia Marriott Long Island

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge? Share your experiences!