“Very comfortable stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
LONG BEACH, NY
“Very comfortable stay”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for a wedding, recently. It was very easy to find and the staff was very courteous and accommodating. While none of the official wedding festivities were scheduled to take place at the hotel, a large group of us - including the bride and groom - found ourselves forming a spontaneous after-party in the breakfast area, right off of the lobby, until very late at night. The woman working at the front desk, realizing this was part of a wedding celebration, allowed us to take over whatever furniture was available and relax away the last couple hours of the night. I believe she came in one time to ask us to take it down a notch, but other than that, she was very nice and let us have our fun. The rooms were neat and tidy and we were promptly provided with a set of sheets for the pull-out couch, upon request. The only slight complaint we had about the room itself was that it did smell a bit smokey, as-if the room was formerly a smoking room and just has that odor that won't go away, or if a recent previous occupant had been smoking in the room and the smell is just hanging on. Either way, neither of us are smokers, so that odor is not appealing to us at all. We saw no reason to make an issue out of it, seeing as how we knew we would only be in the room for a couple hours after the wedding, before heading home again. Had we been checking in for an extended stay, we definitely would have requested a room change. Other than that, we were very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify in advance that you want a completely smoke-free room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear EINPROSITRAVELER, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great time at the wedding. We look forward to welcoming you back to long Island In the very near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed here. The first time was great. The most recent time was not as good simply because we were put in a room on the first floor. We were woken up in the mornings by all the people waking up early for check out or the staff getting ready to start the day's cleaning. Also, some rowdy guests in the main lobby woke us up one morning at 3 am. The carpets were really unclean - there were some large, obvious stains.

The good points of this hotel are: Close to highway, free, generous and varied breakfast, friendly staff and microwave and mini-fridge in the rooms. All this is ideal for us as we have small children. If we return, we will insist on a room that isn't on the first floor.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from main lobby.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jacobs218, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Apologies for the nosie on the first floor and I would like to know that we are constantly cleaning carpets. We look forward to welcoming you back on Long Island in the very near future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2013

liked recent stay in June 2013 liked shuttle to lirr to get to new York city good breakfast will book again nice room to sit and chat on main floor safe area for parling overnight close to parkways and beaches

Room Tip: first floor was best no noise at nite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank richard m
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Richard M, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Yardley, Pa
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hauppague. We were promptly greeted by Kyle at the front desk and assigned a room that reeked of smoke on the 6th floor. After some diliberation, we asked for a different room and he was very accomodating to our request. The breakfast buffett was terrific and the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is in slight need of updating but overall for cleanliness and value this was a good choice for us.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for a room change. I believe that there had been smoking permitted in som...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Phillieboy, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the issues with your room and I am delighted that Kyle took care of the issue. I am also happy to read your general comments about the hotel and the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to long island in the future
Massachusetts
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I am astonished by the positive reviews of this property since we found it dirty, frayed and shabby. We don't usually stay at this chain but since it was conveniently located and we thought it would at least be clean and sufficient for one night, we booked it. The hotel claims to be non-smoking but the odor of stale smoke was pervasive in the elevator, hall and especially our room. Although breakfast was included, we didn't want to take a chance that the kitchen was similarly filthy so we went elsewhere. I wished I had slippers so I didn't have to walk barefoot on the carpet. I'm told this is not typical of HIE properties but I won't take a chance on it in the future.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear DiningDiva76, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very disappointed by your comments and I would appreciate if you could contact me on 631 348 1400 to discuss. Thank you

Travelers are raving about these Hauppauge hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family checked in to this hotel advertised as a NON-SMOKING hotel assuming the hotel was just that. When we were given our room assignment we proceeded to the 6th floor as our room was 614. As soon as the elevator doors opened the smell of cigarette smoke hit us. Thinking that maybe some of the rooms could have been smoking we went to our room. The smell was worse in the room. The smell seemed to lessen after a few minutes and since we were late for an appointment we left. We returned late that night and went to our room it smelled like it had gotten worse, I sat on the bed to call the front desk and discovered I could feel the mattress springs coming out of the bed. I went down to the front desk to request a room change from the night clerk (who did not appear to care) and was told the entire hotel was full and he could not change our room. I went back upstairs and my husband went down to the front desk and he was told we could probably have a different room the next day. Having gotten only 2 hours sleep (since breath brought in more smoke) I went downstairs at 6am to get some coffee and remembered I had seen a couch in the room next to the breakfast room and since I was unable to sleep in our room I laid down on the couch and started to dose off. After about 5 minutes I went to the front desk and asked for another room and was given the key for 610 (I guess the cleaning lady was working overtime at 6am). I checked this room out and it smelled just as bad. We did not take that room either. I returned the key and on my way back up the elevator another guest heading up to the 6th floor said " I'm packing my stuff up and getting OUT!" We packed up our bags and left the hotel. On out way out we noticed 2 signs stating due to a Suffolk county ordinance we are now a non smoking hotel. . BE AWARE!!

Room Tip: Not good for non-smokers.
1 Thank Joann M
Dear Joann M, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very disappointed by your comments and I would appreciate if you could contact me on 631 348 1400 to discuss. Thank you
Fayetteville, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here as my son had a baseball tournament in Yaphank. Rooms were clean and didn't hear any noise at all in a hotel I know was booked solid for the weekend. We stayed on the 7th floor. The pool was great for my son and his teammates to unwind for a little bit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to read your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to long island in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Residence Inn Long Island Islip/Courthouse Complex

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge? Share your experiences!