“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Fayetteville, New York
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here as my son had a baseball tournament in Yaphank. Rooms were clean and didn't hear any noise at all in a hotel I know was booked solid for the weekend. We stayed on the 7th floor. The pool was great for my son and his teammates to unwind for a little bit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to read your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to long island in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We are former Long Islanders (Stony Brook) who now live in AZ. We are staying here for 8 nights and everything is great. When we checked in, Kyle, the front desk clerk, asked what brought us here for this stay. I explained that my mom had passed away in April and we were here for her memorial service. Kyle & I chatted a little bit about that and then my husband & I went up to our room. A short time later, I noticed that an envelope had been slipped under our door. It was a lovely handwritten note, expressing sympathy for the loss of my mother, signed by Kyle & Sarah from the front desk. It was so unexpected & they scored high points for doing that.
As for the location of the hotel, I can understand how guests might feel isolated from things, but if one only asks the staff where things are, I am sure they will find it isn't so bad. As I said before, were used to live 20 or 30 minutes from here. We are still very familiar with this area and there are plenty of good restaurants & diners a short distance from the hotel. It is easy to get on and off the LI Expressway...or the service roads...and get to places. Again, just ask the nice folks at the front desk.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable with microwave, refrigerator & coffee pot. Nice breakfast available to get you going in the morning.
Parking is limited in the front, but there are lots of spaces in the back. One problem has been the key not working on the side door when we are parked in the back. It's not much farther to walk around to the front entrance, but it has been raining every day and that has been an issue to deal with. Our fix has been this: My husband drops me off at the front entrance, he drives around the back to park and I walk to the side door and let him in! No biggie.
All in all, this has been a great home away from home for us. We would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SedonaLeslie
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear SedonaLeslie, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your comments with Kyle and the hotel team and we all appreciate your very nice comments. We look forward to having you on on Long Island in the not to distant future.
Colorado
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have stayed in HI Express and Suites in multiple states and everyone is the same -- great value, great rooms, great breakfast. This HI was no different. Parking was a little limited and the location (service road off 495) was less than desirable, but once you got in, it was just like the others. The amenities in the room are what I look for (coffee maker, microwave, fridge). The breakfast was more than enough, even for a big breakfast guy like me. The

One thing to say about the location. Even though it's right off the highway, that's a plus in that you don't have to go searching for the hotel. The other thing I noticed was the sound proofing was good and I didn't have to deal with highway noise. One glaring negative is the fact that there isn't much around the hotel (e.g. restaurants), so eat before you get close to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Gadget665, Thank you for taking the time to your a review. Thank you for your very nice comments and I will be very happy to share with the team. Thank you
Providence, RI
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night and had a perfectly good experience - nothing spectacular, but nothing bad, either! The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable - it even had a microwave and mini-fridge, both of which were appreciated and put to good use!

The best feature of this hotel, however, is the free breakfast. Not only is there a pancake-making robot (which I didn't employ, but my friends loved), but there are tons of choices: cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, a variety of pastries, eggs, breakfast meat, the aforementioned pancakes. And, of course, tea and coffee. Don't expect a gourmet spread, but it's pretty great for a low-cost hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear illyanadmc, thank your for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy to read your comments and I will pass on your comments to the team. Thank you
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Came out to LI for work and reserved multiple rooms for about two weeks, and the Holiday Inn worked out a much better price than anywhere else in the vicinity.
I'd agree with the sentiment of the other reviews on here, rooms are average but clean. Only room complaint was ours was up in the corner of the top floor and had serious water pressure problems...
Staff was great (front desk to shuttle driver to breakfast), very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Minkus428, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for your very nice comments and we are very happy to say that all our water issues have been resolved. Looking forward to welcoming you back to long island in the near future
Central Islip, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Well I must say this hotel is one of the best on Long Island. Boyfriend is a member of their Priority Club Rewards program. Very friendly staff and they give you a treat of a bottle of water and a bag of chips or pretzels each stay. Rooms are pretty standard but nice and clean. Never had to complain about the noise late night.

If you want to stay at a nice hotel, this is it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Silver1964, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am delighted to read your comments and I will pass them on to the team here in the hotel
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business and it has really gone downhill since the last time I stayed there (2 years ago). The decor is pretty standard for a Holiday Inn Express. I did have a mini fridge and microwave in my room and they tried their best to accommodate my smoking preference (no smoking rooms in this hotel) with a room on the second floor near the stairs to an exit. The problem I soon found is that once outside of the side exit(s) the key card re-entry devices were all out of order. Therefore, I had to find a rock, etc. to prop the door open while I froze in the snow smoking a cigarette multiple times per day and evening.

In addition to that, the air conditioner unit worked non-stop on either hot or cold. So you more or less have to choose whether or not you want to sleep on top of the covers or wake up freezing. The unit would not cut off at all. Also, the water pressure and temperature went in and out constantly.

The workout room is much better than most Holiday Inn Expresses. There are a few cardio machines, two benches with dumbbells up to 50 lbs and a few cable machines.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trent M, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are constantly working on improving our hotel and I apologize for the items that were not working. I have passed your comments to the maintenance team and they are working very hard to put them right.
I hope that this has not put off staying at our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to long Island

Travelers are raving about these Hauppauge hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge? Share your experiences!