“Great for the money, good overall, helpfull staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Came out to LI for work and reserved multiple rooms for about two weeks, and the Holiday Inn worked out a much better price than anywhere else in the vicinity.
I'd agree with the sentiment of the other reviews on here, rooms are average but clean. Only room complaint was ours was up in the corner of the top floor and had serious water pressure problems...
Staff was great (front desk to shuttle driver to breakfast), very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Minkus428, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for your very nice comments and we are very happy to say that all our water issues have been resolved. Looking forward to welcoming you back to long island in the near future

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Well I must say this hotel is one of the best on Long Island. Boyfriend is a member of their Priority Club Rewards program. Very friendly staff and they give you a treat of a bottle of water and a bag of chips or pretzels each stay. Rooms are pretty standard but nice and clean. Never had to complain about the noise late night.

If you want to stay at a nice hotel, this is it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Silver1964, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am delighted to read your comments and I will pass them on to the team here in the hotel

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business and it has really gone downhill since the last time I stayed there (2 years ago). The decor is pretty standard for a Holiday Inn Express. I did have a mini fridge and microwave in my room and they tried their best to accommodate my smoking preference (no smoking rooms in this hotel) with a room on the second floor near the stairs to an exit. The problem I soon found is that once outside of the side exit(s) the key card re-entry devices were all out of order. Therefore, I had to find a rock, etc. to prop the door open while I froze in the snow smoking a cigarette multiple times per day and evening.

In addition to that, the air conditioner unit worked non-stop on either hot or cold. So you more or less have to choose whether or not you want to sleep on top of the covers or wake up freezing. The unit would not cut off at all. Also, the water pressure and temperature went in and out constantly.

The workout room is much better than most Holiday Inn Expresses. There are a few cardio machines, two benches with dumbbells up to 50 lbs and a few cable machines.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trent M, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are constantly working on improving our hotel and I apologize for the items that were not working. I have passed your comments to the maintenance team and they are working very hard to put them right.
I hope that this has not put off staying at our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to long Island

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful. Enjoyed the fresh-tasting breakfast bar but was a little disappointed in that since I am on a strict diet, would have liked to have the 'sugar-free' syrup made available - I have seen it available at other hotels I have stopped at. If you can add that, you would go to '5 Stars!' Keep up the great work!

Sincerely

D. Wood

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dick w
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Dick W,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge. We have taken your idea on board and added the sugar free syrup to the breakfast buffet. Thank you again
Warm Regards

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My assistant booked my trip for me. When I went to check in at the hotel, I was told that I didn't have a reservation. I took out my paperwork and found that my assistant mistakenly booked the reservation for the night before! It was Thanksgiving weekend and there were literally no rooms available anywhere. The hotel manager James Taylor and Porcha Kirby were determined to help me. I waited for about 45 minutes in the lobby and low and behold, they came up with a room for my at the hotel! I will be forever grateful for their kindness and perserverance. Many thanks again to James and Porcha!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Doris F, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. Thank you for your very nice comments and I will be very happy to pass your comments on to our team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Long Island in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Since I'm a priority club member, they received me with chips and water, this was a good detail, people was nice. room was ok, average for a Holiday inn. We stayed there before the storm and run out early at 6 am.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear EdnaPinzon, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are always delighted to welcome back PCR members and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Spent 2 nights here. Hotel is well kept and in good repair. Pillows are on the soft side, even those marked firm. I didn't contact housekeeping, so maybe there are better pillows available. Breakfast was the standard fare you get at Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keithbs
HaleyRice, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear keithbs, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge? Share your experiences!