“Good stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Bogota, Colombia
“Good stay”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Since I'm a priority club member, they received me with chips and water, this was a good detail, people was nice. room was ok, average for a Holiday inn. We stayed there before the storm and run out early at 6 am.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear EdnaPinzon, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are always delighted to welcome back PCR members and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Warm Regards,

Aidan Rowe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
VERMONT
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Spent 2 nights here. Hotel is well kept and in good repair. Pillows are on the soft side, even those marked firm. I didn't contact housekeeping, so maybe there are better pillows available. Breakfast was the standard fare you get at Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keithbs
HaleyRice, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear keithbs, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Rented a room on New Year's Eve with my kids. Three other families also rented rooms.
The man who checked us in named Rohan was so friendly! He had a lot going on and maintained a sweet smile the whole time.
The pool area was tight but clean. The fitness room is well equipped. Every employee I encountered along the way were very friendly.
We partied in the breakfast room to celebrate New Years Eve with all the kids.
Breakfast had a good choice of options, and was replenished quickly.
Rooms were clean, beds were comfy.
The highway is right there, so I guess it's a good location for travelers.
There were lots of restaurants close by.

• Stayed December 2012
HaleyRice, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Sardidil, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I have passed on your comments to Rohan and all the staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to long Island in the future.
Staten Island, NY
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were attending a wedding in Smithtown and booked a King, non-smoking room a month prior since we did not want to drive home same night. We advised them we would be checking in late. Not a problem. Nice, clean and spacious room. Better than some other Holiday Inns we have stayed in. Free parking and free wi-fi - did not use wi-fi so can't comment on that but nice that they offer it. Microwave also a nice addition for anyone who might need it. Pleasantly surprised that they offered a nice continental breakfast which had a variety of breakfast items, oatmeal, cold cereals, bagels, danishes, eggs, fresh fruit, assorted drinks, etc. Would not hesitate to stay here again if needed. Staff was friendly and efficient also. They do add an extra $15. charge to your card just in case one rents movies and I am sure it will be taken off our bill in a day or two.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AnnaSab. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed you enjoyed your stay. Hope you had a great time at the wedding.
Hauppauge, New York
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at the Hauppauge Holiday Inn Express for several weeks while on a business assignment related to Superstorm Sandy. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The breakfast had a huge selection, and was served promptly most every day. The breakfast lady was very friendly and always ready to serve. Ms. Porche at the front desk always offered a smiling face when I returned each evening, and helped with any request. When a billing issue came up, Mr. Aiden and Mr. James were extremely helpful and took care of the issues promptly. The room was very clean and comfortable. The heater worked very well, and was quiet. The hotel was very quiet most nights, and offered a very pleasant place to rest. By the end of my stay,

Room Tip: Make sure to take advantage of the exercise area and pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank P C
HaleyRice, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am very happy to read about how pleasant all the staff were and we look forward to welcoming you back to long Island in the not to distant future.
Philadelphia
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express over Thanksgiving Weekend. Te staff was very fiendly, the complementary breakfast was supurb and exceedd what we expected. I woulf recomend this hotel to anyone traveling to this area

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 977michaelr2
Thank you for talking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and it was our pleasure to look after you during your stay with us here in the Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Tampa, FL
Reviewed November 9, 2012

In New York for corporate training, after the hurricane, there wasn't alot of hotels to choose from. The hotel was okay, but could have been better. When I first got there, I called for a wake up call, the phone in the room didn't work. So I went to the front desk and reported the phone not working and asked about a wake up call. Upon returning to the room, I found another phone, that worked, so I called and asked for the wake up call. The next evening when I returned from work, the second phone wasn't working either. The side door entrance didn't work the whole week I was there. I had to park in the back of the hotel and had to walk completely around the building to get in. During the Noreaster (in the snow and ice) that wasn't fun. Twice I had to go to the front desk because my key wouldn't work. There aren't any restaurants close by and not wanting to drive in bad weather, food was sparse. Breakfast in the morning, included, was good and got you off to a good start. They had VERY good decaffeinated coffee. All things considered with people not having a place to live, I was grateful for having hot water, shower, heat and clean bed. Staff's attention to detail and getting the little things fixed, would have made the stay alot better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lacieblack
HaleyRice, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Lacieblack, Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I apologize for the shortcomings in service and I want to asure you that we take your comments on board and we are currently addressing the issues that you raised. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you back on long island very soon..
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Residence Inn Long Island Islip/Courthouse Complex

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge? Share your experiences!