“A reliable and reasonable place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel many times and it always a reliable place to stay. It is nothing exciting but in a great location on Long Island at a good price. This past weekend paid $117 for two double beds. It includes breakfast but the breakfast was not really that good at all. Would definitely stay here again mainly due to the great location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
HaleyRice, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Holiday inn Express Hauppauge, we appreciate your positive feedback. We strive for excellent customer service and would appreciate any positive feedback you could provide in regards to improving our breakfast. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend for a wedding on Long Island. I was a bit concerned when I saw the proximity of the hotel to the highway. I thought it would be functional at best, possibly a little shabby. I was definitely pleasantly surprised when we walked in. The hotel was extremely clean. The front desk staff was very helpful when we asked for directions for dinner.

The room itself was very clean as was the shower. I did notice on the second day that there was a little bit of mold but I think that's because there was no fan venting from the bathroom. I neglected to tell the front desk.

I think the best thing about this hotel is that they will provide you with free toiletries above and beyond what goes into the room. I needed a safety pin and the woman at the desk on Sunday morning (I can't remember her name but she had long dark hair) was able to immediately locate a sewing kit and get me the pin.

Breakfast was good as well. My only complaint about that was the fact that there was no alternative to cheese omlettes on the one day. I can't eat a lot of cheese and would have welcomed just eggs. But there were plently of other options for me to enjoy.

Overall, very enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NJ_Bookworm
HaleyRice, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

We strive for excellent customer service.
Hope to see you on your next visit to Long Island

Reviewed January 29, 2012

My daughter and I stood here at the Holiday Inn Express and loved every minute of it. Staff was phenomenal. Breakfast awesome. They have a sauna--great--swimming pool--great--exercise room was also great. Was not busy at all. We had the pool, sauna & exercise room to ourselves! They offer 24 hour coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, water, fruit, and oatmeal. Very close to stores, restaurant and highway. I definitely would come back here for a weekend stay. I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mari S
KyleMatthews, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2012

Thank you for staying at out Holiday Inn Express .I'm very glad you had a great experience and hope to see you for your next get away weekend

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at your hotel ...I had 2 rooms.
I forgot my cervical pillow on the bed with a dark gray pillow case.
It could not be confused with 1 of their pillows...
I have called multiple times ...and was told that the head of housekeeping was going to call...
No one ever did...
The last time I called I was hung up on...
I emailed this to the GM Kyle Matthews
and he never got back either.

Room Tip: It's a nice place ...but if they can't be trusted in small things how can you trust them in...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My elderly mother is in the area so we come out once a year.
The rooms have always been very clean and comfortable. The staff is always friendly and I have never felt unsafe.
We only stay in the area, we do not venture into the city. There are plenty of ways to access the city.ie, Long Island Railroad and Long Island Expressway if you want to.
A nice assortment of restaurants in Smithtown and Hauppauge for dining or carry-out.
The hotel is equipped with many brochures for interests.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
KyleMatthews, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Thank you for staying with us when you visit Long Island.
Hope to see you on your next visit .

Reviewed December 6, 2011

Once again we stayed at Holiday Inn Express and thoroughly recommend this Hotel. The rooms are spacious, the breakfast is amazing in its variety and the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are kept clean, bedding immaculate as are the towels and bathroom facilities. The bonus for us is having the availability of the Shuttle Bus to pick us up from the station and return. It was good to see Benito at the station to pick us up.
We will be staying here again when we return to NY and look forward to being looked after in this very comfortable and safe Hotel. Cannot understand anyone finding anything negative about this nice Hotel - must be just sad whingers!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MelbourneSwannies
KyleMatthews, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

We strive for excellent customer service.
Hope to see you on your next visit to Long Island

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I went to US on my business trip for 13 days and lived in this hotel twice (2 trips of same kind). It was good experience. Good vegetarian breakfast was available, rooms service was good. Cab on request was available. Staff is very polite and helpful.
Thus it was good experence overall. I recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
KyleMatthews, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your business trip, I am very pleased you had a good stay with us .
Hopefully see you on your next visit to the United States.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge? Share your experiences!