“Good Experience”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good Experience”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I went to US on my business trip for 13 days and lived in this hotel twice (2 trips of same kind). It was good experience. Good vegetarian breakfast was available, rooms service was good. Cab on request was available. Staff is very polite and helpful.
Thus it was good experence overall. I recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
KyleMatthews, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your business trip, I am very pleased you had a good stay with us .
Hopefully see you on your next visit to the United States.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Philadelphia
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Check in was fine.

Room was worn and old. Several stains on the ceiling. Sheets and other linens old and stained. Gross!

Bed hard and uncomfortable. Pillows old and uncomfortable.

Will never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
KyleMatthews, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
I do apologize for the negative stay you had at our hotel.
If in the future and you are in the Long Island area we would like to make it right with your next stay.
We do strive for excellent service.

Travelers are raving about these Hauppauge hotels

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This is my second time staying at this hotel, the first time being in August of last year.

I like this hotel. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Is it a a five star joint? No, but then again you're not paying a five star price, either.

I drink a lot of coffee, and often call down to housekeeping for some extra packs. They're quick to deliver and they don't accept a tip. Every morning, housekeeping called my room and asked when I wanted my room cleaned. I thought that was nice, especially since, sometimes, I don't leave my room until late in the day.

The bed is pretty darn comfortable, and the flat-panel television is nice.

The breakfast is good. It is, by far, the best breakfast I've had at a Holiday Inn Express. The "orange juice" was actually more like watered down Tang, but I quickly forgot about that after having the biscuits and gravy.

There could be two perceivable downsides to this property, and both of them have to do with the location. Parking's not bad, per se, but it could be better. The main lot fills up quickly, so you have to park around back. The second issue is that, depending on where you're driving from, you have to go far past the hotel on one side of the south side of the expressway and double back on the north side. In the grand scheme of things, these are pretty minor issues.

This hotel's location is good, though, for doing business. It's centrally located, so visiting clients in either Nassau or Suffolk Counties is easy. And, if you want to work in your room, the internet connection is strong.

I'll stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express.
Hope to see you on your next business trip to the Long Island area .
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last month as I was working in Bay Shore, NY and there is not a hotel there. I am a Priority Club member so I often stay at a Holiday Inn. This hotel is located in kind of an odd place off of the Long Island Expressway. The first week I stayed there I had a room close to the freeway, and they were doing construction so traffic was diverted onto the service road and it was noisy all night with big trucks going by. The second time I got smart and asked for a room on the other side of the buidling and it was better.
I almost did not stay here based on some of the earlier reviews but I did not find my room to be dirty and had no issues with maid service. I had a lamp that did not work and they fixed it immediately. I did eat breakfast every morning and found it to be fine for me. They had eggs,bacon or sausage, biscuits, bread and pastries and some mornings there was yogurt. There is a refrig and coffee maker in the room so you can have coffe and also keep your water or soda cold.
I liked the gym and pool area in this hotel. They have an indoor pool, and also a gym with an eliptical machine, treadmills, and an exercise bike. They also have weight machines and free weights. There is a sauna in the gym too - the only thing I did not like about this was that it made the room hot. They do have a huge fan you can turn on but that makes it hard to hear the TV. I wish the A/C worked better in there. They also have a UV purified water dispenser in the gym as well as towels which is nice.
I can't say I am impressed with the front desk service. I was kind of upset that I had a reservation for a king sized bed and they gave my room to someone that just walked in and was in line in front of me even though I reserved it weeks ago. I would have thought as a Priority Club member I would have had some priority but apparently not. A double was OK for me - just not what I reserved.
For the money I think it is pretty good and would stay again.
Note: There is no bar or restaurant nearby so you will need a car if you want to go out and eat. There are restaurants that deliver if you have no transportation. There is nothing within walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure you don't get on the freeway side or you will have truck and road noise all night.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel.
I do apologize for the room mistake.
Next time your in Long Island we hope to see you again.
We do strive for excellent customer service .
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We spent there a couple of days to visit NYC and Long Island.
Positive: It is easy accessible directly at a major highway and it is just a 5 min drive to the next train station for trains to NYC (about one hour ride). The gym is rather well equipped when compared to other hotels of this brand. The rates are very competitive for this region.
Negative: You're more or less sleeping on the highway, it is very noisy. The rooms are ok but very small. Most of the staff is unfriendly and unmotivated. The hotel is a little out-dated and public spaces like breakfast room and lounge are not very attractive. The neighborhood is miserable.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
I'm very sorry you have a negative stay at our hotel.
We are located right off the highway and noise is and issue to some guests
and i do apologize for the incovience.
We do strive for excellent customer service.
If you are visiting the Long Island area please let us make you next stay a positive one.
Upstate NY
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This location was very easy to find, and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast selection was very large, pancake machine, french toast, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage gravy, fruit, cereal, toast, muffins, bagels....oh so many choices! There were only 2 things that I could complain about. The first was the elevator, it is very slow, our son made it to our 6th floor room taking the stairs before we did. The second problem we had was a fight in the hallway at 2:30 a.m. A call to the front desk was made and the problem was quickly handled. We would stay at this location again, it was clean and comfortable!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at out hotel.
We do strive for excellent customer service,
Hope to see you on your next visit to Lond Island.
Mystic, CT
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Clean, quiet and staff was very helpful. I will stay there again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you , I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Hope to see you next time you visit Long Island .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge? Share your experiences!