“very nice hotel”

Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hartwick
Reviewed July 11, 2010

realy nice hotel, we took a junior suite and it was perfect. Continental breakfast was good. not far from downtown Cooperstown. Good location, excellent desk service.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 2, 2010

Stayed at the Best Western while on a road trip from Boston for a game at Fenway to Chicago, for a game at Wrigley with my Dad and my 17 year old son. Cooperstown was a must see for us. Pulled into the hotel and it struck me as an average hotel, and that's exactly what we got. It met our expectations just fine.

It was actually quieter thanI thought it would be, judging by the number of little league teams running around (there are baseball fields nearby the motel). In fact, it was so peaceful, we did oversleep the first morning!

Typical breakfast. nice view out the dining area window, though. Rolling hills, and lots of green....

There is a trolley a couple of miles down the road that will drop you off at hall of fame's front door. It only costs $2 per person and made the trip in much easier.

It's a good location and the whole cooperstown area is beautiful. The motel shares a parking lot with a grocery store, subway and mcdonalds.

We didn't use it, but they do have an indoor pool.

All-in-all, it was a good stay. no frills. clean rooms. did not have noise issues. If I was back in cooperstown, I would probably consider staying there again.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

The hotel is one of the few options in Cooperstown for a family so they can charge whatever they want, but $230 for a room like this felt like a total rip off.
Mediocre rooms (very noisy), fair breakfast, but nearby was a good coffee shop.
Not many other choices, but if you can find one, take it.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

I stayed at the Best Western in Cooperstown, NY with my family for Father's Day weekend. My dad absolutely loves baseball, so we wanted to do something special for him.

I did not choose this hotel. To be completely honest, I probably would have opted to stay in one of the many bed and breakfasts closer to downtown Cooperstown. The Best Western was a little bit further out than I would of liked and of course had less character, but it was totally fine.

The hotel lobby is pretty simple - what you would expect from a Best Western. I actually did not check myself into my room (I was sharing with my brother and he did that), so I can't comment on the front desk staff. I'm sure they were fine, as I didn't hear anything about the experience. There is a pool off to the right of the lobby, separated only by a glass wall. I did not use the pool and found the location to be strange - you would have absolutely no privacy when swimming. I am not necessarily looking for total privacy while swimming in a hotel pool, but I would not want to be in my bathing suit in full view of the lobby!

Our room was clean. Although the hotel is non-smoking, the room smelled faintly of smoke. It reminded me of another hotel I stay in from time to time that used to be both smoking and non and recently went completely non-smoking. It did not bother me too much - I know it's hard to get the smoke smell out of a room and I appreciate the effort. The room was filled with all of the amenities you would need, including an ironing board, hair dryer and coffee maker. The beds were actually very comfortable and I slept well.

If I were to return to Cooperstown in the near future, I would not mind staying at the Best Western again if the price were right.

Reviewed June 25, 2010

We stayed at this Best Western at the Commons during a recent visit to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY. It is located 4 miles south of town, but the distance is well worth the short travel distance as the Inn and its staff were both amazing. We had a quiet, comfortable, clean room that had been renovated and updated. There was Internet available, a complimentary breakfast in the morning, swimming pool, and on-site parking. Picnic tables and outdoor table/chairs were available to sit outside and enjoy. There is a McDonalds and Subway within walking distance as well as a grocery store. The front desk staff were all courteous and quite helpful with directions, tickets, and arranging our accomodations. I would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend to anyone to stay here! Great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2010

my husband and i stayed at this hotel during our recent trip to cooperstown to visit the baseball hall of fame. i was thrilled with the quality of the room for what we paid. the bed was very comfortable, the room was well lit, and the fridge and microwave were a nice addition and came in handy. our room was very clean and spacious. the staff was very pleasant and were quick to fix a plugged toilet and bring extra pillows. the drive into town took less than 10 minutes and it was a nice quiet retreat for a few days. i would stay at this hotel again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Great rooms, good breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff, clean, large lobby.
Only negative (and it wasn't a big deal) was the computer in the lobby could use some upgrading.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartwick
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#1 of 9 in Oneonta
The Inn at Cooperstown
The Inn at Cooperstown
#1 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!