“Wonderful restaurant”

Cross street: E. Hartsdale Avenue
Hartsdale, New York
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My last few visits to Cafe Azzurri were extremely satisfying, especially because several of them were after work when a person would want attentive service, unrushed dining and delicious food. Caffe Azzuri succeeds on all counts. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive, water glasses were filled without asking and no one hovered over us. On different occasions, I ordered the Orecchiette and the Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon, both of which were excellent, particularly in their treatment of accompanying vegetables. Dessert, for me, was gelato - wish I could remember the exact flavor(s) I had but I do remember polishing off every spoonful.

The prix fixe menu is a very good value, especially on weekends, although some diners might find it includes too many courses. Drinking, of course, will increase the bill but, even with only a glass of wine, I would rate the restaurant as moderately expensive, more of a "special" occasion than a local drop-in.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank lovescoffee

New York
“We always love our experience here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary at Caffe Azzurri 2 nights ago and, once again, were not disappointed. We were greeted cordially and seated in the area of our choice (a very warm evening, we asked to be fairly near the side door to enjoy the fresh air). We like Grey Goose Citron, which few restaurants stock, and we happily enjoyed an anniversary toast with it here. The new prix fixe menu had very tempting selections and we ordered prix fixe. I started with a perfect Caeser salad, garnished with white anchovies. My husband ordered the baked clams appetizer and raved about it. He selected the barbequed pork chop entrée, while I had branzino filet. Hubby's pork chop was beautifully seared with grill marks, moist on the inside, garnished with grilled water cress, and accompanied by fresh broccolini and a parsnip puree. He enjoyed every bite. I tasted the broccolini and parsnip and they were delicious. My branzino filets were served (surprisingly, I thought) with fresh sauteed escarole, which was green and crisp and zingy, delicately seasoned, and did not overpower the moist and flavorful branzino. There was also tomato confit: whole cherry tomatoes which had been peeled and gently cooked to lovely sweetness, a perfect balance to the escarole. Service by our waitress and bus boy and other servers was attentive and just right: fresh utensils were brought without our asking, water glasses were kept refilled. We each had a glass of wine and liked them: husband had malbec and I, a shiraz. We appreciated that they were served to us in small carafes, and a small amount poured, allowing the wine to breathe. My husband always orders ricotta cheesecake when it's on a menu, and he did here. This cake was very smooth and creamy, like New York style cheesecake. It was full of ricotta cheesecake flavor; while my husband liked it, he prefers the curd style cheesecake. On our waitress's recommendation, I had the Belgian chocolate mousse cake and could not believe how delicious! Full of European dark chocolate flavor, and light as a feather.. heaven!! This visit to Caffe Azzurri was on a Tuesday night, and while the bar was lively, the restaurant had only a few tables of dining customers. It is always much fuller on weekends and special nights (e.g., Valentines Day). The background music was pretty, some tango and flamenco style selections, which added to our enjoyment. We thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner and highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank quarropas
Bronx, New York
“Bellisimo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had the pleasure of eating at this wonderful restaurant this evening.To be perfectly honest,I was a bit leary,as friends had picked it,and I had read some rather unpleasant reviews before I went,although I did not tell them.The restaurant was very cozy.The food was extremely delicious.The service was second to none.Our waiter Rodney,was so very personable,and John was so very pleasant,I don't think a smile ever left his face.There was also one other young man who waited on us,and he also had a smile throughout.They were so helpful and pleasant,that it made the evening very pleasant for us.Again,I have to mention the food.It was superb!!!I will recommend this restaurant highly.Joan D

• Visited March 2013
“All around awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is beautiful the atmosphere is amazing all the staff is on point and very nice!!! The food is Phenomenal!!!!

Scarsdale, NY
“Fernando is the the best waiter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been going to Cafe Azzuri since it open about 3 years ago and Fernando is the best waiter in Westchester. The food at Azzuri's has always been excellent and nicely served. They just changed their menu and their scallop and shrimp dish is amazing, perfectly seared scallops and shrimp. My wife had the "petite" filet mignon that came with a potato parsnip mash some asparagus and a delicate Bearnaise sauce. It was a bit small looking for me but was the perfect size and cooked to the right temperature for her. She eats her meat med to med well while I enjoy my meat rare to med rare and meat shrinks the more you cook it. Wine list has good choices at a reasonable price. Desserts are always good and not the restaurants highlight but the honey nut bar with ice cream was real good!! All around we have always had a wonderful meal at Cafe Azzuri.

• Visited February 2013