“Bellisimo”

Cross street: E. Hartsdale Avenue
Bronx, New York
“Bellisimo”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had the pleasure of eating at this wonderful restaurant this evening.To be perfectly honest,I was a bit leary,as friends had picked it,and I had read some rather unpleasant reviews before I went,although I did not tell them.The restaurant was very cozy.The food was extremely delicious.The service was second to none.Our waiter Rodney,was so very personable,and John was so very pleasant,I don't think a smile ever left his face.There was also one other young man who waited on us,and he also had a smile throughout.They were so helpful and pleasant,that it made the evening very pleasant for us.Again,I have to mention the food.It was superb!!!I will recommend this restaurant highly.Joan D

• Visited March 2013

“All around awesome!!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is beautiful the atmosphere is amazing all the staff is on point and very nice!!! The food is Phenomenal!!!!

Scarsdale, NY
“Fernando is the the best waiter!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been going to Cafe Azzuri since it open about 3 years ago and Fernando is the best waiter in Westchester. The food at Azzuri's has always been excellent and nicely served. They just changed their menu and their scallop and shrimp dish is amazing, perfectly seared scallops and shrimp. My wife had the "petite" filet mignon that came with a potato parsnip mash some asparagus and a delicate Bearnaise sauce. It was a bit small looking for me but was the perfect size and cooked to the right temperature for her. She eats her meat med to med well while I enjoy my meat rare to med rare and meat shrinks the more you cook it. Wine list has good choices at a reasonable price. Desserts are always good and not the restaurants highlight but the honey nut bar with ice cream was real good!! All around we have always had a wonderful meal at Cafe Azzuri.

New Rochelle, New York
“Did you know that the Bearnaise Sauce is under the meat???”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We can start with the horrible service: inattentive waitress who was more interested in speaking on her cell phone and putting lotion on her arms instead of checking in with us. The food took forever (over an hour) and when my incredibly small filet mignon arrived, there was no bearnaise sauce. I showed this to the waitress, who insisted it was under the meat. When I asked for some additional sauce, she announced it would take five to ten minutes. Rather than eat cold filet, I did without. The filet was tender, although incredibly small. I have been to this restaurant before, but it has deteriorated. I will not be back so quickly, that's for sure.

Hoboken, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guess what happened after the meal...”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Unfortunately Caffe Azzurri is another example of "you can't believe everything you read." The numerous positive reviews on OpenTable led me to book a reservation for what was meant to be a special Valentine's Day dinner. Despite not being full, the entire staff could not be bothered. At one point we (party of two) had 7 glasses on the table, including two unused wine glasses, an empty glass of water and an empty Diet Coke. Regarding the food, I'd be surprised if most of what's being served isn't frozen. The pasta was cold and seemed 'over-microwaved' and the filet mignon was unsensationally tasteless. Being in the consumer engagement/insights business, I'll usually leave my email address and a short note, for both exceptional and unexceptional dining experiences... really just to see if a given restaurant is willing to engage with on of their customers. In a first for me, Caffe Azzurri cancelled my OpenTable reservation minutes after we left, simply to keep me from posting a negative review.

1 Thank Zachary M