“Worth it”

OR
Order Online
Ranked #30 of 53 Restaurants in Hartsdale
Reviewed May 31, 2016

It sure took a long time for them to open but it appears to be worth the wait. Those of us in Hartsdale now have a local Greek takeout/delivery option. We ordered three different meals and they were all delicious. The potions were healthy and the price was reasonable for this area. Welcome to the neighborhood Gyro Kitchen.

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed May 15, 2016 via mobile

Gyro Kitchen took forever to open...it had to be over two years. I have no idea why it took so long. After getting a manicure this afternoon I decided to go down the block and try out Gyro Kitchen which finally opens around 2 weeks ago.
The owners are froendly and lovely, the food area clean.
I got a Falafel to go and it was pretty darn good in spite of the fact that if you don't want your French fries in the pita you have to tell them ahead of time. Who knew? In addition, the falafel is served with tzatziki and not tzahiki. All though it
was good with tzahiki on it I really do prefer tahini.
I was surprised to see a small dining area in the back of the restaurant.
For my next visit, I think I'll eat there instead of getting my food to go.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 24, 2016

My husband and I ate at Gyro Kitchen today. The restaurant has been "in the works" for over a year, and, as you can imagine, residents of Hartsdale have been waiting to see if what was finally unveiled has the staying power to make it on a tough corner with no parking. Our review:

Pro's
The flavors are great. The shrimp were of outstanding quality with subtle flavors of lemon, parsley, and oregano. The lemon potatoes were so tasty. The grilled chicken was moist and flavorful. The food taste reflects all of the best things about Greek cuisine, fresh, flavorful, and bright.

Con's
The grilled chicken pita sandwich came with french fries in the pita. This style of sandwich may be suitable for some areas but locals here are health conscious and the restaurant should warn you the fries will be in the pita rather than on the side. Also, there was too much tzatziki on the sandwich -- it was overkill. The lemon potatoes were oversalted.

The shrimp platter had too few shrimp for the pricetag of $ 20 and the only side options were carbs (french fries, rice, or potatoes). It would have been nice to see a veggie side or a small salad side option. Overall the protein to dish ratio was a little underwhelming and that makes for less of a value than it should.

The owner seemed friendly and enthusiastic and the space was welcoming. The food took a bit longer than it should considering there were only two other people in the restaurant. The decor is simple and pleasing. The tables should be wiped down after each guest and we did not find them that way when we sat down. The Greek music was lovely but it seemed outdated -- poppier Greek music would make for a hipper vibe.

We will definitely be back, in fact I will try it again this evening for dinner.

Date of visit: April 2016