“Quaint but updated.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hancock
Hancock House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hancock
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Hancock House is located in a small town along the Delaware River. It was built recently but the outside resembles the original Hancock House from the early 1900's. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet which is all I really want. The front rooms have a balcony overlooking the main street--but since there is minimal traffic, that's not an issue. This is the fourth time I've stayed in The Hancock House and I recommend it over any other accomodations in the area. During fishing and hunting seasons and on camp parent weekends, the hotel can be full so plan accordingly.

Room Tip: My personal preference is to avoid the rooms directly over the bar because they can get some of the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Toni S
There are newer reviews for Hancock House Hotel

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We recently spent a night at the Hancock House Hotel while visiting a friend in the area. The lobby was very cozy and check-in was quick and easy. I had called several days earlier to reserve the room and found the staff friendly and accomodationg. We were in a double queen room on the third floor overlooking the main street. We didn't have any noise issues at all. The room was clean and seemed to be recenlty updated with new bedding, rugs and fixtures. It was roomy enough to put an air mattress on the floor for my son who won't share a bed. We have stayed in other hotels/motels along Route 17 and were very pleasantly surprised with the Hancock House. This was during the off season so there weren't many other guests in the hotel and we didn't eat in the restaurant, although breakfast was included in the room rate.

Room Tip: Third floor room was quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ResQLt
Reviewed April 8, 2013

great hotel, nice lobby, free breakfast, clean. my only problem is in some of the rooms, the curtains don't close and the blinds aren't dark so light comes in from the parking lot and i couldn't sleep. the other rooms with balconies, no problem

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 681lisas
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had the misfortune of our car breaking down on Rt. 17 just past the town of Hancock, luckily AAA was able to send a tow to us within 30 mins, promptly towed us back to Hancock, the service station was able to accomodate us at 3pm on Good Friday, it did require an overnight stay at The Hancock House hotel, around the corner. The hotel was very accomodating as well, charming courteous staff, clean quaint hotel, only drawback was the old blue comforter on bed, but otherwise very nice in an unpleasant otherwise stressful situation. I would definitely recommend this hotel if one is staying in area!

Room Tip: Our front facing suite was a very good value, offered at a stranded motorist special rate!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly D
HHH137, Manager at Hancock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

We often get stranded motorists at the hotel. We make every effort to help them and lessen the stress an accident or breakdown can cause. It was our pleasure to welcome this guest, and we also agree with her about the comforters! We are in the process of upgrading ALL our comforters to lovely Chenille bedspreads which will not only look nice but fit in with the homey feel we would like our guests to experience when staying at the Hancock House Hotel. We are always looking for ways to improve and love to get feedback from our guests. Hopefully next time this guest is in the area, it will be to enjoy the Mountains, beautiful Delaware River, good food and quaint small towns, not for an auto breakdown!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was traveling east back to Orange County one evening and I had passed several billboards advertising the Hancock House restaurant.
Two waitresses were working that evening, but when they saw me approach the dining room, they darted into the kitchen and stayed there.
Having sat down, I waited about ten minutes and then walked toward the kitchen door. One server was exiting and I had asked for a menu, which was promptly given. Another server approached me about five minutes later and rudely told me that the restaurant was closed and that I could eat in the bar (this was 8:00 PM). I told her absolutely not, and with a huff, she indicated that she would accommodate me. Her demeanor was rude for the rest of the meal ..... on one of those long expanses in between when she would come by the table.
Bottom line, the service was terrible and the food wasn't much better.
I rarely write reviews, as I typically let negatives roll off my back, but if I can save someone else the rotten experience, then it is worth it to me to share my story.
If you find yourself passing thru the area, do yourself a favor and don't stop here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ray S
HHH137, Manager at Hancock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

After researching the circumstances behind the review written by Mr. Ray S, I came to find that he came in almost 15 minutes after the dining room had closed. Our Tap Room stays open an hour after the restaurant and the staff did offer to accommodate him there, but he insisted they serve him in the restaurant. They did seat him and serve him, but they were in the process of restocking for the next day and had to continue their closing duties, thus what he saw as a lack of attention to him, was actually the staff doing the job they were suppose to be doing. I did email Mr. Ray S to apologize, but we do post our opening and closing times throughout the hotel and also on our Facebook site, as they do change seasonally. Also if anyone ever wants to check, they can call the Front Desk at 607-637-7100 and we will be glad to assist them.
We try very hard to make all our guest feel welcome and comfortable and hope that Mr. Ray S will again privelage us with a visit in the future during our open hours.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Several years ago, my husband and I stayed at the Hancock House Hotel while visiting family in the area. We recently went back, and found that things were not quite up to the same standard. In particular, the heating/cooling system did not seem to work very effectively - it was very stuffy and hot, even though we turned the A/C on full blast (and this is in October!). The hallway had the smell of takeout chinese food (yes, there is a chinese takeout nearby). But the thing I noticed right away as soon as I walked in the room with our luggage was the bedspread. You have this relatively nice spacious room, and on the bed is something that looks like several big dogs have used it for years as their blanket. My husband turned the bedspread over and found some old stains (blood? who knows?) on the back side. Look, if you are going to charge me a lot of money, you can at least make sure the linens are clean and presentable.

Another issue I had was the lack of an in-room coffeemaker. Yes, I am spoiled, but it would be nice to have that option.

That said, the rest of the stay was fine. Guests who stay at the Hancock House Hotel do get a selection of free breakfast entrees at the restaurant downstairs, which is very convenient and the service was great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We chose this property based upon its location relative to a memorial service we were attending, and were very pleased with the room, restaurant and the thoughtful staff. The free breakfast is homemade - not like popular chain free breakfast-like meal.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 202 if it's raining, as the drops echo loudly on the metal overhang below the window.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JonathankCharlotteNC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hancock
Holiday Inn Express Gibson
The Lakewood Lodge & Restaurant
Super 8 Sidney NY
Super 8 Sidney NY
#1 of 1 in Sidney
Fosterdale Motor Lodge(Closest To Bethel Woods)

Been to Hancock House Hotel? Share your experiences!