“A thoroughly excellent motel experience in every way.”
Review of Capra Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hancock
Capra Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hancock
Reviewed October 22, 2012

October 2012
A thoroughly excellent motel experience in every way.
I organize every Fall somewhere in the NE US a three day mini meet for owners of vintage 6 Series BMW’s and we come from as far away as Richmond, VA, Montreal, Canada and eastern Rhode Island. We establish a motel as an HQ and plan our driving and dining activities accordingly.
I found the Capra Inn on Tripadvisor, read the great reviews, recommended it to the group and they acquiesced. We had a much smaller than usual turnout this year but every single participant raved about the quality of the rooms, the meticulous upkeep of the building and the excellent pricing.
Big rooms spotlessly clean with firm yet comfy mattresses and all the doodads, gizmo’s & accoutrements worked perfectly. Note bene though that the setting is not bucolic as the motel is right in the middle of the village of Hancock and surrounded with asphalt, convenience stores, gas stations and fast food resto’s. It is very quiet though as they seem to roll up the sidewalks when it gets dark.
The best part of our stay at the Capra was the perfect care and concern provided for us by our hosts Ines and Gene. These are genuinely hospitable, interesting in their own right nice people who took a real interest in us, the event and even our old cars. They provided great tips as to where to eat and even made reservations for us.
Taylor

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Captain H

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We chose the Capra Inn Motel for our 3rd annual "IdiotFest", a group of classic BMW enthusiasts. Gene and Ines were welcoming hosts at the Capra and we all enjoyed a very nice stay in a well maintained facility. Our rooms were very clean and quite warm and cozy on this season's first freezing night. I can easily recommend the Capra to anyone and would certainly stay there again. Ron, Sciota,Pa.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Ronald S
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is like it was when I was a kid. An old style motel in the middle of a small town that is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The owner is a nice, friendly gentleman that really cares about his business. If I had had a problem here I'm sure he would have straightened it all out quick. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Spokes29
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My Family and I have been coming to Hancock for 5 yrs to visit my kids at a nearby camp and we always stay at the Capra Inn Motel.

The rooms are clean and spacious.
The beds are comfortable.
And yes the managers at the front desk are very nice and whose accommodating courtesy makes for a great welcome.

TO REPLY TO Frqflier' WHO SAYS:
'We paid, I believe, north of $180 a night if that's possible for a parents weekend at the local camps.
In all the years that we and our friends have stayed at the Capra, we've all paid the same rate
of $125 a night so they are mistaken.

"THEY ARE THE LEAST EXPENSIVE IN HANCOCK AND THE NICED.

And yes the hotel is 'extremely basic and spartan' but when you consider we only go there to sleep since we spend all day at the camp,

IT'S PERFECT" and we and all our friends enjoy it.

And will enjoy coming here for years to come !!!

Thank You Capra Inn...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank laine a
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This motel is extremely basic and spartan. It's lacking in charm, nor is it reasonably priced, at least around visiting time at local camps.

That said it was clean and safe.

We paid, I believe, north of $180 a night if that's possible for a parents weekend at the local camps. The irony in this rate is that I'm staying at a Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota in a couple of weeks for $159! This place will not be confused with the Ritz.

That said the people at checkin was very nice. We got a good night's rest but won't be rushing back.

Room Tip: You're looking out on a parking lot no matter which room you choose.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Frqflier
Reviewed August 6, 2012

What a wonderful way to start visiting day weekend...the staff at the Capra Inn is welcoming and warm and the rooms are comfortable and spacious. We have stayed here for visiting day weekend for a few years now, and each year we are thrilled with the motel. The rooms are clean, the staff is helpful and the location is just terrific. We can't wait to do it again year after year!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank PamM2012
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was recently in the Hancock area for business and will be staying at the Capra Inn the next time I'm in town. The rooms are very clean and have a fridge and microwave. The owners were the best part about the Capra Inn. As i was a walk in, i couldn't get a booking for 2 of the nights I was to be in town. Without prompting, they found me a room in another hotel for my two nights and saved me a ton of headache and driving. Thanks Capra Inn - i'll see you next time I'm in the Hancock area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Sean S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hancock
Holiday Inn Express Gibson
Holiday Inn Express Gibson
#1 of 2 in New Milford
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center
The Inn at Starlight Lake
The Inn at Starlight Lake
#2 of 2 in Starlight

Been to Capra Inn Motel? Share your experiences!