“A Great Place to Stay!!!!”
Review of Capra Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hancock
Capra Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hancock
Reviewed July 14, 2011

While visiting our daughter at Frenchwoods camp last summer, we had the good fortune to stay at The Capra Inn Motel. The people there are friendly and very accommodating. The motel is only 15 minutes from camp, but the reasons why we will continue to return each summer are the A/C, comfortable beds and clean rooms. Our daughter preforms in shows throughout the summer and there are 3 visiting day weekends so we spend a lot of time in Hancock during the summer. What a pleasure to be able to return time and time again to such a clean, comfortable and friendly motel. A good nights sleep is important when you are walking around camp all day and into the evening so knowing that we have a comfortable place to stay is very important to us. The managers and staff at the Capra Inn Motel make it a PLEASURE to return to. We can't wait to see everyone again this summer at the Capra Inn

Room Tip: Book early!!! Great ice cream shop near by!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank HappyFrenchwoodsMom

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I've been staying at the Capra Inn Motel for @ 10 years now on and off for hunting trips and family vacations. The people are very friendly, the rooms are clean and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank jjforsyth
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I stayed here when Route 17/86 iced over like a skating rink and I was too frightened to continue on my way to NYC. The owner answered my ring at 10:30 at night and graciously welcomed me. The room was very nice- two queen-sized beds, user-operated heat, refrig and microwave (although I could not for the life of me figure out the microwave!), and nice sized bathroom. Couldn't have been more comfortable. I left the next morning before the office was opened, but left a note and called later to let them know the key was in the room and to thank her. SHE called me later to make sure I got home ok!!!! Nice accommodations - nicer people - Stay HERE!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
13  Thank JanM16
Reviewed January 31, 2011

To say Hancock, NY is a sleepy little town is an understatement. There are no big hotel chains with featherbeds and chocolate chip cookies anywhere even close...so don't bother looking. I have stayed in this motel several years now.....and it is in a great location for French Woods visiting days, is clean, affordable and the staff is warm and professional. I have stayed at a few other small properties/cabins up there and some are nice too (and some are GROSS)....but I paid waaaaaay more money for them and many require a 3 day minimum...and this fits the bill just fine. Book early...like 11 months in advance if you are going for camp visiting days. There is a town diner down the street and/or a McDonalds across the street. A CVS pharmacy is also right there so you can grab some toiletries. The room has a mini fridge if you want to stow away some sodas, etc. Bring your own hairdryer too. I don't hesitate to recommend this place. Just keep your expectations in check....this is a SMALL town. Movie theatre next door is a plus.

13  Thank bethiekat
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We have stayed at the Capra Inn for the past three years while visiting our grandchildren at a nearby camp. The rooms are always clean and well maintained. Air conditioning works well and lots of hot water. Owners are very pleasant and they make sure everyone gets a fair chance to make a reservation for these busy weekends. Going back again this summer.

10  Thank YoungRetirees
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We stayed in August 2010 while visiting our daughter at her nearby sleepaway camp. Very clean and convenient to her camp. There is also air conditioning and cable TV which you may not find at other motels or bed & breakfast. We will be staying again in summer 2011 for all three camp vistation weekends. The only drawback is that you cannot make summer reservations until January 2 of each year. Otherwise, it is a must stay!

12  Thank Dancemom67
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Its not the Ritz, but its a clean comfortable inexpensive room. I make immediate decisions whether I like a room or not, the biggest factor I take into account is how a room smells. I will not stay in a smelly room. When you open the door of one of their rooms you are greated by a fresh - clean smell. Add to that a very clean bathroom and carpet and that's all I need.

I wanted to give the Capra and extra star for protection from bedbugs. During this trip I stayed in 3 other inns/motels. This was the only place that had their mattresses encased in bedbug proof covers. During this time of infestation EVERY form of lodging should take this precaution. I checked every mattress on this trip and I was so relieved to find that the Capra Inn took that extra step to keep me safe.

I will most definitely return to this motel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
12  Thank GLrider

Been to Capra Inn Motel? Share your experiences!