WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Colonial Shores Resort

Colonial Shores Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hampton Bays
Spanish Fort, Alabama
“Great value, location and even better rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

What a pleasant surprise. I never expect much when I have to book a vacation rental at the last minute, especially in the Hamptons, but this little property far exceeded our expectations. Very nice, clean room, beautiful pool, with easy access to the center of Hampton Bays town. We will back again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael P

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights & cant wait to come again before the summer ends! I came here with my family & it was perfect for us. From the cottage to the suites, everything was beautiful. It was clean & the service was great. The pool was amazing, very clean! The area was quiet & the staff were so friendly. Very happy with the place, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
charlotte, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here two nights this week. No complaints. Very clean, comfortable, well maintained. Nice location on the water. Friendly staff. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Probably would be a good place to bring younger children.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brooklyn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Unfortunately, I had to cancel my stay at Colonial Shores. Upon cancellation, you are supposed to receive your full deposit back if you cancel before 2 weeks of your reservation. This is exactly what I did. It has been over a week since the cancellation, and I have yet to receive my $800 deposit. I feel disappointed and frustrated at this lack of professionalism. If you cancel, be sure to have them put the money back into your account over the phone so you can be sure you get it in a timely fashion!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Emily M
Westbury, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I don't know why anyone would complain. Our room was clean and new. The people were very nice and it was convenient to everything.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

My husband and I spent a week here with our sons. After checking the reviews, we decided to give it a try and they are all true! The property is lovely and very well kept. The view of the bay is exquisite! You can go fishing and crabbing right off the dock! The pool is clean and it's a family friendly environment. It's close to stores and restaurants as well as the Atlantis Marine World Aquarium. Our chamber maid Marguerite kept our room spotless and was such a joy. Whenever we needed somthing she was quick to get it. She was also very pleasant which is something you don't find often these days with service people. The owners are the same way. The husband changed our TV twice just so our boys could play their wii video games!. Folks you just don't get service like that anymore. Also, there is so much to do here we can't wait to go again next year! Thank you Colonial Shores NY for a beautiful and pleasant end to a long hot summer!! I give you five stars all the way around! Bravo!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank richmondhillmom
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

I am delighted to write a review regarding my stay at Colonial Shores Resort. My friends and I are from Washington DC and have stayed at the resort every summer for our annual Hampton Bays trip for the past four years. I can say without reservation that Colonial Shores is the highest quality hotel we have stayed at in Hampton Bays. After multiple bad experiences at other “high end” or “popular” hotels in Hampton Bay, we were finally told about Colonial Shore by a close friend who’s very knowledgeable about the area. I instantly fell in love with the beautiful location and well kept rooms. The staff was so nice and incredibly accommodating. We consider them close friends now, for making us feel so at home every time we say. We are really excited to be going back to colonial shore this July 4th weekend! I highly recommend staying here… you will not be disappointed.
-Amir

#3 of 8 in Southampton
The Quogue Club
The Quogue Club
#1 of 1 in Quogue

Been to Colonial Shores Resort? Share your experiences!