“Ada from New York”

Colonial Shores Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hampton Bays
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights & cant wait to come again before the summer ends! I came here with my family & it was perfect for us. From the cottage to the suites, everything was beautiful. It was clean & the service was great. The pool was amazing, very clean! The area was quiet & the staff were so friendly. Very happy with the place, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here two nights this week. No complaints. Very clean, comfortable, well maintained. Nice location on the water. Friendly staff. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Probably would be a good place to bring younger children.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Unfortunately, I had to cancel my stay at Colonial Shores. Upon cancellation, you are supposed to receive your full deposit back if you cancel before 2 weeks of your reservation. This is exactly what I did. It has been over a week since the cancellation, and I have yet to receive my $800 deposit. I feel disappointed and frustrated at this lack of professionalism. If you cancel, be sure to have them put the money back into your account over the phone so you can be sure you get it in a timely fashion!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Emily M
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I don't know why anyone would complain. Our room was clean and new. The people were very nice and it was convenient to everything.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My husband and I spent a week here with our sons. After checking the reviews, we decided to give it a try and they are all true! The property is lovely and very well kept. The view of the bay is exquisite! You can go fishing and crabbing right off the dock! The pool is clean and it's a family friendly environment. It's close to stores and restaurants as well as the Atlantis Marine World Aquarium. Our chamber maid Marguerite kept our room spotless and was such a joy. Whenever we needed somthing she was quick to get it. She was also very pleasant which is something you don't find often these days with service people. The owners are the same way. The husband changed our TV twice just so our boys could play their wii video games!. Folks you just don't get service like that anymore. Also, there is so much to do here we can't wait to go again next year! Thank you Colonial Shores NY for a beautiful and pleasant end to a long hot summer!! I give you five stars all the way around! Bravo!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank richmondhillmom
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I am delighted to write a review regarding my stay at Colonial Shores Resort. My friends and I are from Washington DC and have stayed at the resort every summer for our annual Hampton Bays trip for the past four years. I can say without reservation that Colonial Shores is the highest quality hotel we have stayed at in Hampton Bays. After multiple bad experiences at other “high end” or “popular” hotels in Hampton Bay, we were finally told about Colonial Shore by a close friend who’s very knowledgeable about the area. I instantly fell in love with the beautiful location and well kept rooms. The staff was so nice and incredibly accommodating. We consider them close friends now, for making us feel so at home every time we say. We are really excited to be going back to colonial shore this July 4th weekend! I highly recommend staying here… you will not be disappointed.
-Amir

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2010

My husband, kids, and I went to Colonial Shores the last two weeks of August. It was very beautiful and we had a great time, the staff was wonderful and assisted our every need, the pool was perfect for my young children because it wasn't too deep. We had room service and clean towels/sheets whenever needed. The bay was breath taking and they had boats you can rent out as well as aqua-cycles which were free of charge, the kids loved it. The environment was very clean and safe we felt like we were at home. The cottage had brand new furniture, the rooms were freshly painted, and every room had central air. I recommend this motel to anyone traveling solo ,friends, family, what ever it is. The prices are reasonable and you'll have a blast! I already made reservation for this summer the kids can't wait.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Hampton Maid
Hampton Maid
#6 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Holiday Inn Express East End

Been to Colonial Shores Resort? Share your experiences!