“Delicious and memorable”

Inn Spot On The Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn Spot On The Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 79 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dune Road
Description: The Inn Spot On The Bay serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The cheffes take turns at the stove, Cheffe Pamela is at the helm for Sunday breakfast & brunch, and Cheffe Colette takes over for dinner on Fridays and Saturdays. Part of the appeal, and what has made The Inn Spot so successful, is the fact that everything is made from scratch. The cheffes mantra is to use as much local produce and fare as possible. There are herbs, heirloom tomatoes and vegetables planted all around the restaurant property. The blueberries, rhubarb, quince and many other goodies come from Cheffe Pamela's family garden a few blocks away.
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This past Saturday night we went for dinner (3 couples) to celebrate a 30th wedding anniversary. We had never been here and were very happy overall with our choice.We sat outside and it was a wonderful evening.The meal was fabulous. We had a chocolate pasta appetizer that was soo good that we all wished we had ordered it. The basil, nuts, and mushrooms were a fabulous blend over a mild tasting chocolate fettuccine. And the mahi-mahi in a vanilla sauce was amazing. The pot pie was great as well. Service was good, the waitress was very pleasant and helpful. The chocolate cake was also delicious..
Unfortunately the only disappointment was that we were only allowed to use two credit cards which makes it very difficult with three couples. It was quite upsetting.
Overall it was a memorable meal with unusual flavors.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

The location and view as well as the building itself is quite charming. We went for brunch and stood and waited in the lobby for longer than seemed necessary, then we found a couch in another room to sit on ourselves....no one ever suggested we might be more comfortable sitting than standing in the cramped lobby.

Our waitress seemed annoyed and distracted. The coffee was OK, but the food was a bit of a disappointment. The omelets I saw coming out of the kitchen looked good, but the home fries that came with them looked like deep fried balls of brown stuff, so I didn't order that. My wife ordered a chicken caesar salad that looked like nothing more than shredded lettuce with a few pieces of sliced chicken thrown on top, with the smallest croutons I ever have seen served in a restaurant. I ordered the Oyster Po Boy. It consisted of a total of 4 small fried oysters that were practically tasteless divided between two glorified hamburger rolls with a couple of slices of tomato (tomato was good and fresh) and a dab of some kind of sauce (tartar?). These fried oysters looked almost like the home fries, except smaller and kind of flat. These must have come from the smallest legal oysters available.

Overall, not horrible, but certainly not top quality food. I would rate it a 6 or 7 maybe. I bet that the waitress would even be happier if the food was better.

1  Thank HBFamilyGuy
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Food, service and atmosphere were amazing. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and the view of the sunset over Ponquogue Bay shouldn't be missed!
As for value, the Friday night $35 prixe fixe menu, which features a different nationality each week, has been like a culinary trip around the world this winter. And don't forget about brunch! So many delicious options on the menu, like Oysters Impressionistic, or Heuvos Rancheros....YUM! The homemade icecream is to die for, along with all the other homemade desserts on the menu!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Most charming for location, ambiance, and food. I only wish I had more of an appetite the morning I had decided to go. Definitely a spot I look forward to trying again. I will mention the salmon hash ordered by my friend. Very creative and tasty.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Talk about a purely creative and delicious dining experience. The Inn Spot has outdone itself once again. I go numerous times when I am in the Hampton's and this place simply amazes me. From the warm and intimate front bar area to the cozy dining room to the outside wrap-a-round porch, this place is simply inviting on so many levels.
The drinks are top shelf ....ask for a chocolate martini....Pam behind the bar outdoes herself. There are daily specials and the standard menu has fantastic selections of fish, meat, poultry etc. Deserts are to die for and are all made on in the kitchen by Cheffe Colette. Everything is always fresh and very reasonably priced.
Give yourself a treat and check this place out. The restaurant is housed in a beautiful old Victorian B&B which itself is worth a look.