“A good meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Paul

Villa Paul
Ranked #16 of 76 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Beijing
“A good meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Had the prix fixe dinner with salmon puttanesca. It was done very well, although the salmon was cooked a bit unevenly since the edges were thinner than the middle.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank waterphreak

Shelter Island, New York
“Very Romantic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

We ate here last night and can highly recommend this lovely restaurant. Owned by the same family since 1965, it is a former estate and the dining room is still very much the same. The walls are richly paneled, there is a cozy fire and the service is concerned and attentive. I had been to a private party here about 20 years ago and remember the veal as being a real stand-out. I was so happy to see the same dish available the on the menu and was not disappointed! Soooo delicious..... great salad dressings too. This is a come back place if there ever was one!

• Visited March 2012
“Not what it used to be...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have been going to this restaurant off and on ver the last 24 years. The service has deteriorated and the food is sometimes inconsistent. Too bad it used to be a favorite.

Hampton Bays, NY USA
“Same Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have visited this restaurant numerous times in the past 20 years. It has always been a bastion of the community and a great place to get quality food for modest prices. The bar was always full of people from town and the local kids from town were always busing tables. Things have changed a bit. I'm not quite sure what happened but I heard that the new generation has taken over. The menu has been updated. The variety is still there, and the food is still excellent but the service was only average. I just don't see the crowds anymore, and I don't see the local kids anymore either. I think I know why..... the prices look to be almost 25% higher than before. So, the food is great, but the atmosphere seems different and the price seems suddenly higher. The flounder dinner was $29. I can see spending that kind of money for a flounder dinner in Southampton Village on a July evening, but not HB in February. My spouse's steak was $37 bucks!! My kids bowl of spaghetti with a couple meatballs was $20!!

• Visited February 2012
Southampton, New York
“Deliciously caught in a time warp...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

'Beam me up, Scotty!" That's how I feel whenever I enter Villa Paul in Hampton Bays, New York. It's like walking into a time warp; kind of like being on Star War's Enterprise and being sent back in time to investigate the origin of their Clams Oreganato; a personal favorite and a mission I'd volunteer for anytime! We've eaten there so many times that, if I had taken home a toothpick for each visit, I could have built a miniature log cabin by now. Seriously, I could spend an evening just munching on their appitizers. Clams on the half shell or perfectly plump shrimp with delicious cocktail sauce...how do they make it the way they do? Their delicious Penne alla Vodka was a delicious surprise, as was just about any of their broiled fish dinners. Located about 1 mile off the Atlantic Coast, it is understandable why their chef has such a good handle on fish preparations, starting with the quality of the fish that they serve. We especially love dining at Villa Paul around the holidays. There's something about the interior, the crackling fire, a delicious Manhattan and a relaxing, unrushed dinner that says to me everytime, "this was a good choice". Villa Paul gets a "thumbs up" from me every time.

• Visited November 2010