“Great relaxation eatery”

Rumba
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Spicing up the Long Island waterfont, RUMBA is a special dining spot serving up a unique combination of Island-inspired food, premium handcrafted rum libations, happy staffers, reggae + a low-key vibe…all on the Shinnecock Bay (accessible by boat).
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It's a beautiful little place in Hampton Bays meant for relaxing with friends , family or your significant "other"

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We enjoyed the food. Smaller portions received than I expected for the price. Long wait. Would be nice to eat outside. It rained when we were there. Nice staff. Daughter said she wasn't scared to talk to waitress.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Maybe I'm just picky... I will give Rumba 2 extra stars for location and view. As for service and food... never again. $5 for a taco that lacked flavor and the steak was dry plus took very long to come to the table?!? There were only a few ppl dining for lunch on a Mon so I'm unclear what caused the delay. I ordered a seared tuna salad for $16.... It included about 7 leaves of lettuce and 3 small slices of tuna which were so dry. I thought we were guaranteed a well prepared seafood meal being that we were in Long Island. There are so many other options in this area... this should not be where you spend your money.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The food and service here are great. There is a nice island vibe with indoor and outdoor seating. We had a very enjoyable meal here during a recent stay on Long Island.

1  Thank AKeys01
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I visit the area every summer and always look forward to a meal and drinks at Rumba! The tacos are all very inventive and tasty, and the drinks are quite special. My favorites are the prickly pear margarita and the mojitos. But the duck empanadas are absolutely to die for -- don't miss these! The guacamole is also excellent. The pleasant waterfront location coupled with excellent food and drinks make this place super enjoyable!