“Dinner on Island Time”

Rumba
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Spicing up the Long Island waterfont, RUMBA is a special dining spot serving up a unique combination of Island-inspired food, premium handcrafted rum libations, happy staffers, reggae + a low-key vibe…all on the Shinnecock Bay (accessible by boat).
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I recently dined with a table of 5 people at Rumba, my first trip. One couple had been there previously, and was already a fan of the establishment.

The food overall was quite delicious, I highly recommend the fish tacos (though I wish the fish was a little smaller to make the taco easier to eat), and the appetizers were also quite good.

The restaurant was hopping when we were there, and it took close to 10 minutes for the waitress to make it to our table (I had to ask the hostess to get her before some of the more irate members of my party felt the need to say something), and the waitress was a little repetitious with her repartee - normally I'm not bothered by such things, but it's a small restaurant, and when you hear the same joke cracked about 20 times in 3 minutes, it gets old fast.

All in all, it's a great place for casual dining, and not like much of anything else in the Hamptons.
Be prepared for having to valet park your car, and I don't know if they take reservations, but it's probably a good idea.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stopped in between lunch and dinner and had some ahi tuna and margaritas. Tuna was par, but the margaritas surprised me because they used fresh lime juice (no mix). They offered a banana rum shot they concoct on the premises (real banana) & my friend had to peel me away from the bar! *Pun intended. So yummy! I'll be back...with an army of girlfriends!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great meeting spot if you're in Quogue or Westhampton and you have friends further out East. Menu is fun, ribs are great. waits can be a pain but it is what it is... also be prepared for shuttle bus service from the satellite parking lot. All things considered, the management has done a great job with the small space. go for the outdoor dining if you can get it!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Rumba a quaint Rum Bar with amazing dishes is a waterfront delight! With Chef /Owner David Hersch dishing out amazing eats. The trick is to get there early and beat the wait.
If you happen to get there a little late be sure to stay it is worth the wait.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great location on the water, laid back, boat transportation to Cowfish Restaurant. Great mango mojito.