“Has an Island feel to it ( not a Long Island feel!)”
Review of Rumba

Rumba
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A unique combination of island – inspired food, handcrafted rum specialties, waterfront dining and people happy to be of service. Rumba brings you the feeling of an island getaway.
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

I went there for the first time for lunch on mother's and I loved it. There is seating outside if it's a nice day, looking out into the water. We got seated fairly quickly considering it was Mother's day. There isnt much parking so they may have you park down the road at the marina and they have a bus that transports you to and from the restaurant.
It made me feel like I was in the Caribbean. The food was really good. We had ribs that fell off the bone (not dry at all), the duck empanadas which were amazing, and I had a fish taco and a steak taco. The fish taco was really good and the steak one alright. I had a sip of the rum punch and for someone who doesn't drink, it was rather good. Cant wait to go back again!

1  Thank mzee569
There are newer reviews for Rumba

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I agree with other posts about the parking, and yes, it is crowded during the summer months, but go on a night like tonight, Tuesday, 5/1/2012, and you will have the fastest service, the best attention, and virtually no crowds. That's what you have to do if you are a local, learn when to go and when not to go.

We originally visited 2 years ago, and the food is just as good now as it is then. So the food quality has not changed. Which is good in this case, because the ingredients taste like they are high quality, and prepared well. My wife and I shared the grilled ahi tuna appetizer, and it was really one of the best flavored tuna's I have had. I also had a small garlic cesar salad, and it was also very good. The greens were fresh, and it tasted like it was just recently dressed, not prepared in advance.

Oh and they have freshly squeezed lemonade. Which is good because the wife and rarely drink (but you should try one of their prickly pear margaritas if you do drink, because they are fantastic). How many places do you know that have prickly pear margaritas?

For dinner, my wife had the crab cakes with the sauteed greens and she was able to substitute the sweet potato mash for coconut risotto. Although the flavors were good, she said the risotto was to greasy. Which I would imagine if you are using coconut cream in the risotto, it would have to be.

I had 3 of the 4 tacos: jerked chicken, fish and pulled pork. All three were very nicely done and all had good flavor.

We have been going to the Caribbean for 7 years in a row now on vacation, and the chef has managed to pick up the different flavors that we are accustomed to down there.

It's a nice place, and has a great water view. The only big disappointment was that the chef seems to have stopped making their award winning clam chowder. This was one of the main things we liked to get here, and made the trip extra special. Sad to see it not on the menu anymore.

Otherwise though, you should go and enjoy the food and the view!

1  Thank TheScottman
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Love this place, the food, drinks and service are one of a kind! The only problem is parking is a pain!

1  Thank EllaEastQuogue
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Food and service were pretty good considering crowd and noise.

2  Thank LongIslandGman
Reviewed April 1, 2012

As a local, I am telling you to go here, get some tropical influenced food, a large pitcher of margaritas and enjoy the view. fun and quality abound in equal quantities here.

1  Thank KAL94105