“Really bad if your hungry”
Review of Tide Runners Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tide Runners Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Went with 3 people wife and my son. The watress said one of the special was sea scallops in a basket. So what I got was Bay scallops, tiny covered in a hard batter. Wife ans son ordered fish and chips. The fish was cod but it was the darkest meat and tasted old and bad. My son always eats all his food and some of my wifes too. But not at this place! When he pushed his plate away and said I'm done I knew it was bad. I guess people go here to drink. I don't drink but I think even after a few drinks this food would still taste bad. If anyone from Tide runners reads this you should be asamed of your selves. you will run out of customers. What a waste of a nice place ti dine!

There are newer reviews for Tide Runners Restaurant

Reviewed June 15, 2010

Disgusting food, bad service, and incredibly expensive. One of the worst meals we've ever had. Compelled to write a review to save other travelers' time and money. The Lobster Inn - while still not our favorite Hamptons haunt - is far better in food and service than this run down dump. I recommend the Tide Runner massively upgrade their menu if they want to keep the room filled. The night we were there it was completely empty - that should have been a warning sign right away. Anyway, totally will not be back to this place.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

A huge bar and a tiny restaurant.
music almost every night.

Reviewed June 20, 2009

We have dined here several times now, and will not return. The views and outdoor dining options on a warm evening are fabulous! Sometimes, there is live entertainment, too, outdoors. However, the food is not worth their prices. I have had frozen vegetables, including frozen corn on the cob when not in the height of summer. The food is just very ordinary; the prices are high-ish. There is much better food to be had in the Hamptons!!

Reviewed June 4, 2008

Great place to hang out at the weekend
Good staff, good food, good drinks, in the area I would pop in