“Fantastic birthday celebration at the Inn Spot on the Bay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn Spot on the Bay

The Inn Spot on the Bay
Ranked #1 of 2 Hampton Bays B&B and Inns
East Hampton, New York
“Fantastic birthday celebration at the Inn Spot on the Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2007

After dining at the Inn Spot in late April of '07, I quickly decided this was the location I wanted for a birthday celebration I was planning for a friend. Cheffe Colette, and Cheffe Pam offered us stunning menu options, each entree sounding better than the next. We chose three since they all sounded so wonderful and let our guests select what they prefered. Everything went so smoothly, serving staff very attentive.The food was perfectly attractively prepared. If you're looking for a romantic, lovely setting with wonderfully prepared food, this is for you!
We spent the night at the Inn, as did 14 of our guests. The cottages were clean and comfortable. An ideal setting compared to other lodging on Long Island's East End. Highly recommended!

• Liked — great location, excellent service, comfortable, clean, and a wonderful restaurant!
  • Disliked — there was nothing that disappointed me or my companion
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank glassartist1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Denville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2007

I recently spent the weekend with my 3 sisters and brother-in-law
and we had the time of our lives. Cheffe Pam and Cheffe Colette out did themselves with an excellant dinner. The bar and wine list was extensive and plentiful, which was great because we do not drive when we are enjoying ourselves. The Victorian rooms were absolutley charming and cozy and the view of the bay was just breathtaking. We would recommend this lovely place, and you can be sure we are going back very soon......

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — there was nothing I did not like
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Oldhare
southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2006

I had to laugh when I read some of the previous reviews. It seems to me that someone has it out for these two hard working women of The Inn Spot on the Bay.

My husband and I were just married here in September. The best day of our lives was spent right outside the door of this gorgeous establishment on their lawn overlooking beautiful Shinnecock Bay. I personally stayed in one of the cute little cottages off to the side of the restaurant / inn. The cottage was clean, very cozy and stocked for all my needs. Both women greeted me the morning of the wedding to calm my nerves due to the inclement weather. My first thought when I awoke seeing the stormy weather was that this was going to be a horrible wedding. "why me". Thanks to the professionalism and attentiveness of Colette, Pam and the staff, my wedding day was a resounding success. No one even noticed the weather, at least I didn't.

The food was amazing - yes there were delectible, bite size appetizers, and more than plenty to go around. The carving stations offered a wide variety of main dishes that we had chosen, including a tasty seafood pasta, poached salmon and perfectly cooked prime rib. The timing for everything was also excellent. I had no worries throughout the entire ceremony and reception, as Colette and Pam took charge of the event in detail.

In brief, they exceeded all expectation.

Many thanks to The Inn Spot on the Bay for a job well done and an excellent memory that we will cherrish for a lifetime.

Bill & Sara

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank saramkt
NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2006

I must. Having read the previous reviews on The Inn Spot On The Bay, I feel compelled to respond.

I stayed there with my companion for a weekend and had a wonderful experience. The location, vista and ambiance are amazing.
We were shown to our room (no dumpster anywhere in sight), which was small but perfectly adequate, as advertised. It was clean and tidy and nicely decorated. We had no problems getting an iron when requested and it got cleaned the next day.

I had read the review in the NY Times and couldn't wait to try the food here. The menu is creative and the wine menu is extensive. I am not a food critic, like most other people, and have never seen nor tasted chicken imported from China, but if it is this good, we should import some more!
We had a delightful dining experience, with a beautiful view and very pleasant and helpful staff. The chef/owner came and joined us for dessert, which was very enjoyable.

In all, I cannot support the negative views on this site, as my own experience was totally the opposite of their opinion. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel for anyone.

• Liked — The room was clean and cozy
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Siobhansan
Pittsfield, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2006

My family was recently staying at the Inn Spot for my sister's wedding. From the moment my hiusband and I checked in, we were made to feel we were interlopers and not guests. We felt we were disturbing the owners/managers.

In addition, we were very disappointed in their attitude regarding any pretense at hospitality which carried right through the wedding. Again they acted like we were bothering them. In addition, the food at the wedding was simply dreadful - they skimped on everything. The servers acted like they were doing us a favor passing pea-size appetizers.

We doubt this place will be in business too long. For some reason, the owners/managers don't seem like happy people and this extends into their business. I think they need to take some classes in hotel management and catering and remember that the guests are the ones paying their bills and keeping them in business. The operative word is "guest." When we go away, we like to be treated with friendliness and pleasantries. We are happy people. No one is going to stay where they are being treated shabbily or where the food is inadequate. There are too many nice places to choose from even if we have to pay a little more.

• Liked — It had a nice location on the water but you could not swim at this location. It was very near the beach where you could swim.
  • Disliked — The management and the food.
  • Tips/Secrets — Be willing to spend a little more to get a lot more.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Lindsey_Buckingham

Travelers are raving about these Hampton Bays hotels

San Francisco/Bay Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2006

Pluses:

- scenic location on water, but unswimmable
- nice beach nearby, within half mile walking distance
- clean rooms (but inconsistent clean up times. in four days our room was only tidied once)

Cons:

- terrible customer service. You feel as if you are putting the staff out if you ask for basic things i.e. clean towels, iron and/or ironing board, an extra blanket. Our towels were changed once in four days. (That is, after we got them). Dismissive.

- unprofessional: It took us more than 15 minutes to check in. Receptionist was on the phone and couldn't be bothered. Poor welcome. We were standing around waiting for her to finish, she was not apologetic. Little warmth or friendliness. The place is understaffed. Little effort made to make you feel happy and comfortable as a guest. No small things done to make the stay a memorable one.

- no phones in room

- only one towel per person, they don't "do" extra towels. And Bring your own beach towel, as they don't provide those either.

- only one key per room, no duplicates

- extra $50 charge per night for additional people in room. That is fine IF other sleeping accomodations are available...but no. No hideaways or cots. We ended up buying a blow up mattress. Unbelievable.

Overall: this place was sufficient, but at $150-$195 a night, we wished we had a better customer experience. If you book, know that you will be on your own with so-so service.

10 Thank tropicaltravel
Baron's Cove
Baron's Cove
#1 of 5 in Sag Harbor
Hyatt Place Long Island East End

Been to The Inn Spot on the Bay? Share your experiences!