“A trip out of season”

The Inn Spot on the Bay
Ranked #1 of 2 Hampton Bays B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We traveled in the US of A quite some time and had a few good hotels and some bad ones.
We always shunted the B +B s ,because of the stuffiness of these places.This time we ask Tripadvisor and find good reviews However to our disappointment the rooms we lived in was very outdated and the last renovation was at least 15 years ago.We were the only guests ( out of season) and fortunately we found a nice restaurant close by.When we checked out nobody was at the reception desk and the house was shut up .This is not acceptable in a professional run Hotel or B+B May be in season this place is better but for this price ,we can have a better room not too far away.
We can not recommend this place

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 20, 2008

My brother ,two sons and myself stayed here in mid July. We had two rooms that were clean and comfortable.The food , the service , and the hosts (owners)made us feel very welcome.We're from Ca. and my brother is from NY. If we are in the area again this is a must . My brother is a culinary educator and I am a Chef. We could not be more pleased with the food, hospitality, and service. My brother who lives in NY said he would definately return. The view is awsome. First class, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I just got married at the Inn Spot in Hampton Bays and everything was just beautiful. We had a very small wedding (only 30 people), with a short ceremony on site, a cocktail hour, and a late lunch/early dinner on the porch. The back lawn is absolutely gorgeous with a nice view of the bay...it was perfect for the cocktail hour. We had plenty of room on the porch for our sit-down dinner, if you were having a larger wedding a tent would work out great. The food was excellent, especially the passed appetizers. We had veggie quiche, crabcakes, chicken gouda tortilla cones, and bruschetta. I did not stay at the Inn but several family members did. I heard the rooms are nicely appointed and very clean. I'm sure they are very expensive but unfortunately everything is out here in the Hamptons! Colette (the owner) was very nice and helpful. We really liked her. All the servers during our wedding were also great...very friendly. Overall it was a great experience and perfect for us!

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank kimberlipaige
Reviewed July 8, 2007

My husband & I recently had our outdoor tent wedding at this gorgoues waterfront location. Everything was amazing...the food, the tent, the views even with the fog!

One of the best things is that it also has rooms where guests can stay! Cute little seaside cottages or some rooms in the main house...all nicely decorated, clean and comfortable and a great rate for summertime in the Hamptons! My husband's whole family was able to stay and make a mini family reuinion out of the week. Owners Pam & Colette were wonderful making sure everyone was happy.

Our tent was huge and so was our dancefloor..more than enough room for our 110 guests. We had a clam bake with lobsters, clams, muscles and other assorted food that you'd enjoy while in the Hamptons..our guests are still raving!

And if you are looking for a great place to have a nice dinner with gorgeous views this is it as well...can't wait to spend our anniversary there. It is a hidden treasure of the Hamptons and I highly recommend it!!

I truly had the wedding of my dreams thanks to The Inn Spot, Cheffes Pam & Colette!

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank HamptonsBride
Reviewed June 1, 2007

After dining at the Inn Spot in late April of '07, I quickly decided this was the location I wanted for a birthday celebration I was planning for a friend. Cheffe Colette, and Cheffe Pam offered us stunning menu options, each entree sounding better than the next. We chose three since they all sounded so wonderful and let our guests select what they prefered. Everything went so smoothly, serving staff very attentive.The food was perfectly attractively prepared. If you're looking for a romantic, lovely setting with wonderfully prepared food, this is for you!
We spent the night at the Inn, as did 14 of our guests. The cottages were clean and comfortable. An ideal setting compared to other lodging on Long Island's East End. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank glassartist1
Reviewed March 26, 2007

I recently spent the weekend with my 3 sisters and brother-in-law
and we had the time of our lives. Cheffe Pam and Cheffe Colette out did themselves with an excellant dinner. The bar and wine list was extensive and plentiful, which was great because we do not drive when we are enjoying ourselves. The Victorian rooms were absolutley charming and cozy and the view of the bay was just breathtaking. We would recommend this lovely place, and you can be sure we are going back very soon......

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Oldhare
Reviewed October 21, 2006

I had to laugh when I read some of the previous reviews. It seems to me that someone has it out for these two hard working women of The Inn Spot on the Bay.

My husband and I were just married here in September. The best day of our lives was spent right outside the door of this gorgeous establishment on their lawn overlooking beautiful Shinnecock Bay. I personally stayed in one of the cute little cottages off to the side of the restaurant / inn. The cottage was clean, very cozy and stocked for all my needs. Both women greeted me the morning of the wedding to calm my nerves due to the inclement weather. My first thought when I awoke seeing the stormy weather was that this was going to be a horrible wedding. "why me". Thanks to the professionalism and attentiveness of Colette, Pam and the staff, my wedding day was a resounding success. No one even noticed the weather, at least I didn't.

The food was amazing - yes there were delectible, bite size appetizers, and more than plenty to go around. The carving stations offered a wide variety of main dishes that we had chosen, including a tasty seafood pasta, poached salmon and perfectly cooked prime rib. The timing for everything was also excellent. I had no worries throughout the entire ceremony and reception, as Colette and Pam took charge of the event in detail.

In brief, they exceeded all expectation.

Many thanks to The Inn Spot on the Bay for a job well done and an excellent memory that we will cherrish for a lifetime.

Bill & Sara

#7 of 12 in Hampton Bays
The Drake Inn
The Drake Inn
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to The Inn Spot on the Bay? Share your experiences!