All reviews the cottages bedroom cottage tennis courts putting green welcome bag board games play area beautiful grounds stop shop excellent stay several years lovely cottage golden retriever one of a kind week stay location is great her husband
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

The location is nice, but closed to anything. You need a ride if you wanna go out for dinner.
The lodge was clean, (on the contrary the patio really needs to be clenead up),
but the smell was not so nice. The air conditioning system made a lot of noise, so we needed to switch it off for the night... in August it is not the best thing...
The humidity in the area and in the room consequently, was very high (see one of the picture taken in the bathroom).
For the area the price was good enough and the team very kind and professional. The welcome kit (water, chips and biscuits) very appreciated.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
sashabeau, Owner at Bowen's by the Bays, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you for your candid comments. I'm not sure to what you are referring about the smell, but I do wish you had brought it to our attention while you were here so it could have been addressed. We would have been happy to move you to another cottage, or do whatever we could to make the one you were in more pleasant for you.

There are 3 air conditioners in each cottage, and when purchasing new ones, noise level is one of the things we take into consideration. As you noted, a/c in August is normally desirable, and if you turn them all off there will be condensation in the bathroom.

We always hope that our guests will be completely happy and enjoy their time with us. I'm sorry to hear that you were less than completely satisfied.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

The grounds, the owners, it is dog friendly, close to everything! We love Hampton Bays and Bowens is easy to get to the beach, the bay and the restaurants. I love all the flowers and the pool is so nice to come back to and relax.

Room Tip: We love the cabins, this was our first time in the motel room in a long time, but it was perfeact.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
sashabeau, Owner at Bowen's by the Bays, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Hi, Faye.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Bowen's. It was very nice to see you all again, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

We truly cannot wait for this vacation every year! This is our 5th year coming to Bowen's by the Bays and it did not disappoint this year. Everyone had a blast. From lounging in the cabin to having a blast in the pool, there were so many things to do on the grounds to keep busy. We grilled almost every night with the charcoal provided and hung out in the hammock while it was cooking.
The location is great as we went to the ocean beach, bay beach, children's museum, playhouse and more all within ~30 minutes of the property.
The thing that really makes it a great trip is the Bowen's hospitality. Always checking in to see if there was anything we need (and providing it if we asked). Always giving advice on what to do and where to go.
Overall another great family vacation and looking forward to 2018 already!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
sashabeau, Owner at Bowen's by the Bays, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. So glad to hear you had fun while you were here. I know there were some very tempting aromas coming from your bbq. :) We are always happy to see you and your family, and look forward to seeing you next summer.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

This is my 11th year at Bowens! Eleven years, I cannot grasp where the time went! I was not as gray, looked and felt a little younger, and oh, how my trips there have changed for the better (when I didn’t think that was possible). First trip 11 years ago was a three day stay in one of the motel rooms. I returned the following year in a dog friendly cottage with my Golden Retriever, Abigail. Dog friendly? How awesome. This time I stayed 5 days and kept pretty much that schedule for the next several years. The week went quickly, too quickly. Five years ago my daughter, her husband, and my grandchildren came for a few days. I changed my vacation time from one to two weeks. This is my 4th year with a 2 week vacation. So their first trip was a few days (just like mine 11 years ago) each year it increased and this year they got there before me and stayed Sunday to Sunday! My daughter would tell stories of how the kids during the year would play “pack ” for the Hamptons. My son in law told me he works all year just to come here! The Bowens are amazing people. Things get better each year. Cottages are spotless, grounds impeccable, and the people? I can’t say enough good things about them. Anastasia, a long term employee is awesome, Mrs. Bowen (Kevin’s mom, moves around that place like she is 20 years old. All in all, no place I would rather go. My Golden, Isabelle loves the shopping and eating out and swimming! Nothing like a golden in the water! Oh and she even met Brooke Shields one night! If you have not tried this place, please do. Then your vacation days will continue to expand like mine did and my daughter’s did. It is a one of a kind place.

Room Tip: Not a bad room to be found....
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
sashabeau, Owner at Bowen's by the Bays, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Bowen's. It's always a pleasure to see you and Isabelle, and it's nice to know that Bowen's is still a good fit for your growing family. Celebrity spotting not guaranteed! :)

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

The people who work there are really nice which made us very comfortable and welcomed!! My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights and we had a blast. Everything was clean and the pillows were comfy! It's such a cute room! We had the lavender room (every room is based of flowers) and it was beautiful! We also got a cute little goody bag when we checked in which is so sweet of them! And the area isn't far from where we wanted to go to! The whole place was beautiful they had sitting areas outside for all their guests and they had a pool and so much more. Overall we had a great stay!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
sashabeau, Owner at Bowen's by the Bays, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Hi, Skylar.

Thank you for sharing your impressions of Bowen's. We very much want our guests to enjoy their time here, and it's great to hear that you did. I hope we see you again.

Eileen