It is hard to believe that 8 years ago I was fortunate enough to stumble onto Bowen’s by the Bays. It seems like yesterday that I first found this hidden gem. Let’s start with how relaxing this place is. It is peaceful, dog friendly, and most importantly, spotlessly clean. Before my 2 year old Golden Retriever Isabelle, I travelled with my other Golden, Abigail. The Bowen’s just got a really nice, adorable 7 month old rescue dog (Ruby). Ruby and my Isabelle, became best of friends! Bowen’s was (until this year) a place that I relaxed for a week, with my dog, and then returned to work recharged (I thought). Since I had such a great time for one week all these years, I decided to try two weeks. This was the first time in my career that I have ever taken two weeks’ vacation.
As I relaxed, one of the things I noticed was Eileen Bowen “zipping” around the grounds at a very quick pace. The amazing thing about her is, as quickly as she moved from cottage to cottage and room to room, when a guest had a question, everything came to a halt. I witnessed her stop, focus on the guest and make them feel like they were the only person on the grounds at the time. Kevin, her husband, also taught tennis on the grounds, but is recuperating from foot surgery this year. He was zipping around the grounds too; only in a golf cart! You would hear him say to guests, “If you need anything, just let us know”! What an amazing gift these two have.
This place redefines a family run business. I got to know Mrs. Bowen (Kevin’s mother) and Anastasia, both wonderful people, with clearly the same work ethic as the Bowen’s. Mrs. Bowen is moving quickly, and Anastasia, well she is well, one in a million. I have seen her cleaning the pool in the morning, then the cottages in the afternoon. Each time she would see a guest, her smile and wave made you feel like you were home!
The second week of my vacation my daughter, her husband, and my 2 grandchildren joined me. There was so much for them to do! But back to the Bowen’s attention to detail. Eileen knew they were coming for the second week, and had children’s themed bedspreads in their room! My 4 yr. old grandson liked the train bedspreads so much, he refused to pull them down and never a day went by that my 2 yr. old grandson would come grab my hand and walk me into the “train room” to show me his brothers train bed!
One more thing that will give a good idea of the type of place this is. The Bowens noticed that my daughter and her husband were never without the children. So, what did they do? They approached them and suggested that they take a night off for themselves. They explained that they just had a cancellation in one of the motel rooms and suggested that I watch the children while they went to dinner and the room was on them for the night! How thoughtful! Did they do this because I have been a customer for so many years? Did they do it because they are really great business people? Did they do it because they are just the most genuine, nicest people I have ever met? The answer is simple, YES, YES, and YES.
It is an amazing place that just keeps getting better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small family oriented resort with rooms and cottages that have been described as quaint and charming. Each is individually decorated and has it's own personality. We have a pool, lighted tennis court, shuffleboard, small putting green and playground. The grounds are shady and flower filled. Pets are welcome in the cottages by prior arrangement, but never in the rooms. This offers a choice for those with allergies to stay where there have never been pets. All accommodations have flat screen cable tv and air conditioning. All rooms have refrigerators and coffeemakers with complimentary tea & coffee, and all cottages as well as the studio have compact but complete kitchens equipped with dishes, pots, utensils and microwave. We are approximately 3 miles from both ocean and bay beaches where all are welcome. Pets can be taken to the beach before 9 a.M. And after 6 p.M. Both North & South Forks can be easily accessed from here, and we are about halfway between Southampton and Westhampton Villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bowen's by the Bays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bowen`s By The Bays Hotel Hampton Bays
- Bowens By The Bays Hampton
- Bowen's By The Bays Hampton Bays, NY - Hamptons