After driving out from JFK along the many auto ways dodging traffic and mad drivers it was like pulling into Shangrila when we arrived at Bowens. We pulled off the highway into a wooded vale that had a range of colonial style cabins all fitted out with everything to allow a familly of 4 to sleep, shower and even prepare meals either on the Barbecue or in the massive oven and hob in the well equipped kitchen.
What was even more surprising was when we walked towards the hidden highway across the road was a very large superbly equipped supermarket with plenty of fresh food and a short walk away was a bakery with the ideal coffee shop.
Bowen's was equipped with an outdoor swimming pool and wifi so what more could a traveller seeking to spend a few peaceful days prior to driving further to a familly wedding and for those of you who like to spend time on a sandy patrolled beach this was only 1.5 miles away.
Alas on the final day we had to move in to two rooms in the motel because a familly gathering of about 40 took over the cabins something they did year on year. Not only did Bowen's owners make us welcome but so did the familly that came after we had been there 2 days. Again the rooms were excellent, as were all the facilities and by using the outside tables and chairs we were able to take most of our meals.
To repeat an excellent place to stay whether for a few days or longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small family oriented resort with rooms and cottages that have been described as quaint and charming. Each is individually decorated and has it's own personality. We have a pool, lighted tennis court, shuffleboard, small putting green and playground. The grounds are shady and flower filled. Pets are welcome in the cottages by prior arrangement, but never in the rooms. This offers a choice for those with allergies to stay where there have never been pets. All accommodations have flat screen cable tv and air conditioning. All rooms have refrigerators and coffeemakers with complimentary tea & coffee, and all cottages as well as the studio have compact but complete kitchens equipped with dishes, pots, utensils and microwave. We are approximately 3 miles from both ocean and bay beaches where all are welcome. Pets can be taken to the beach before 9 a.M. And after 6 p.M. Both North & South Forks can be easily accessed from here, and we are about halfway between Southampton and Westhampton Villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bowen's by the Bays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bowen`s By The Bays Hotel Hampton Bays
- Bowens By The Bays Hampton
- Bowen's By The Bays Hampton Bays, NY - Hamptons