This is my 7th year at Bowens by the Bays. Until this year, I rented a one room cottage for my Golden Retriever, Abigail and me. Abigail passed away last fall, and I now have a new 1 year old Golden, Isabelle. It was always peaceful and I only had my dog with me, and the time spent at Bowens was so very relaxing. With a new puppy in tow, I thought that this year might be time to change things up. At Eileen’s suggestion, I decided to upgrade to a 2 bedroom cottage and invite my daughter, her husband, and my two grandchildren (ages 1 and 3) for a few days. Since I have been so used to being alone with just my dog, I was not sure what to expect. What the trip enabled me to do was to see Bowens through different eyes. Since it was always just my dog and me, I was unable to notice the absolute “family atmosphere” that the Bowens provides. I think I was either out with my dog, or on the hammock reading. Watching the Bowens work all day is exhausting in and of itself! I witnessed Kevin, stopping guests to make sure everything was ok, and heard his signature phrase, “if you need anything, let us know”. I watched my grandchildren play on the Jungle Gym and the swings. I watched my older grandson stay in the pool almost all day and it was such a nice feeling seeing them that happy. For two nights, we cooked out and sat around and talked. Again, I always knew this was a family place, but this last trip really opened my eyes! I could not imagine going anywhere but Bowens, especially after this trip. The cottages are spotless, service second to none, and I saw quite a few families there, something else I never really noticed before. I was still able to take my dog to the bay and ocean (both scared the puppy), but we had a great time. The only thing I would have changed is that I would have had my entire family stay the whole week. When they left on Thursday night, I missed “family feeling” and some hustle and bustle of two young grandchildren! Bowens really does define a family vacation. Can’t wait till next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small family oriented resort with rooms and cottages that have been described as quaint and charming. Each is individually decorated and has it's own personality. We have a pool, lighted tennis court, shuffleboard, small putting green and playground. The grounds are shady and flower filled. Pets are welcome in the cottages by prior arrangement, but never in the rooms. This offers a choice for those with allergies to stay where there have never been pets. All accommodations have flat screen cable tv and air conditioning. All rooms have refrigerators and coffeemakers with complimentary tea & coffee, and all cottages as well as the studio have compact but complete kitchens equipped with dishes, pots, utensils and microwave. We are approximately 3 miles from both ocean and bay beaches where all are welcome. Pets can be taken to the beach before 9 a.M. And after 6 p.M. Both North & South Forks can be easily accessed from here, and we are about halfway between Southampton and Westhampton Villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Bowen's by the Bays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bowen`s By The Bays Hotel Hampton Bays
- Bowens By The Bays Hampton
- Bowen's By The Bays Hampton Bays, NY - Hamptons