“Loved the charm and flowers”

Bowen's by the Bays
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hampton Bays
“Loved the charm and flowers”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I got relaxed walking through the grounds looking at all the flowers and trees,loved sitting by the pond. Great sunning by the pool, and playing tennis. So much stuff and still a feeling of country. Short walk to town. Owners live on premise witch is nice they take care of the place.

Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Lovely setting, clean, cozy, pool, tennis, can get a room or a bungalow. Owners are
wonderful and the prices are very reasonable for the area. Also well located to all areas
of the Hamptons. Have to call a few months in advance to be booked in the summer.

2 Thank Liz M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Bowen’s by the Bay
Eileen provided us with a spacious immaculate room & en suite including a terrace overlooking a park-like garden. Our host was very helpful, recommending a nearby restaurant for a wonderful dinner.
After staying in many glamorous B&B’s over seven weeks travelling south along the New England coast, Bowen’s was an unexpectedly lovely place to stay at half the price!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Denis255100
New York
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is the 6th year in a row we have visited Bowens. It is perfect for us. The cottage is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. My dog and two cats get their own treat from Eileen and Kevin and my husband and I get a very nice bag with snacks and bottled water.It is great to sit by the pool and read, or to sit by the pond and watch the fish. They are close to great restaurants and the beach. We hope to visit ever year as long as we are able. Eileen and Kevin and their staff go to great lengths to make your stay enjoyable. Edie M

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gardenergal
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have visited BOWENS BY THE BAYS prior to this year and have never been disapointed. KEVIN AND EILEEN are very willing to accommodate your every need.Our room was nicely decorated with a cowboy theme and was very clean and comfortable. The grounds were beautifully landscaped with flowers everywhere! The pool was a gem as well as the play gym and sandbox for the kids.We also got a chance to enjoy the tennis court. The beach was only 3 miles away and there were plenty of restaurants to choose from in the area. We will definitely be back!!

1 Thank maureen m
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Bowen's by the Bay was perfect! I went for Labor Day weekend and we were allowed to bring out dogs and got little care packages for them and everything. We had a little cottage and it was so clean and private. It had all the comforts of home! I couldn't have picked a better place to stay. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and I definitely plan on returning next summer! Thanks so much!

Nancy

1 Thank 111NancyR
Pelham Manor, NY
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I am trying to think of all the different ways to describe how grateful I am to have found Bowen's. I happened upon it when calling last minute to see if anyone had a cancellation on the last Friday in August. When Kevin answered and said you are in luck I took a quick look at Tripadvisor and said sold. I had no clue the treat we were in for when we arrived. Bowen's is perfect in just about every way. The hospitality and attention to detail is evident everywhere you look. The grounds, pool, tennis court, room are all well maintained and perfectly laid out. The flowers are also beautiful and you could see the care that goes into them. Kevin and Eileen go out of their way to make you feel appreciated and welcome. Upon arriving we received a welcome bag with water and treats, the little lobby had games to borrow and Kevin answered every question I had about where to eat and what to do. When I opened the door to our room I was very impressed. The place was totally spotless and very nicely decorated. The bathroom had been updated but it wasn't the run of the mill surface update; it was fully renovated with quality stone tile from floor to ceiling and good fixtures. The detail was even evident as they give you a basket filled with clean rags to use for odd jobs and shining shoes. My only gripe if you can call it a gripe was the bed and pillows were not comfortable for either of us. It was just a little to firm and the pillows could be a little better. But honestly I have stayed in some high end hotels for $500 a night and had bad beds and some run of the mill $50 a night hotels and had great beds. So when I say gripe I am really reaching but the mattress could be better.

I will be going back to Bowen's and recommending it to friends. Its perfect for a couple and/or a family or large group. You won't be disappointed and will be hard pressed to find better. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
The Hamlet Inn
The Hamlet Inn
#2 of 8 in Southampton

Been to Bowen's by the Bays? Share your experiences!