“Family Trip”

Bowen's by the Bays
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hampton Bays
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I and our son who's 3 and our daughter who's 2 months old and 2 of our dogs stayed here for 4 nights. We stayed in a little cottage that had 2 bedrooms. it was very cute and clean and had a nice screened porch that the dogs loved. It had a great play area and nice clean pool as well on the premises. It is also conveniently located across the street from Stop and Shop to stock up.

The reason why I only gave them 3 stars cause they are located very very close to the LIRR which rumbles through the night honking their horns shaking the house and waking up my 3 year old at 3AM every night screaming. During the day it isn't so bad but at night when waken up by it, it seems like an earthquake is happening (not fun, very scary!!). They defiantly need to invest their money into building a big fence to sound proof this. The stay was pretty expensive too if we ever want to vacation in the Hampton area again I rather rent a house it will probably be a lot cheaper.

2  Thank NikkiM427

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were fortunate to get a relatively last minute reservation for a week's stay in order to come visit our new grandson. We really enjoyed our stay at Bowen's. Our room was very quaint and made us feel like we were guests in someone's home. The amenities were perfect - our 3-1/2 year old grandson enjoyed the play area, the putting green, and the swimming pool - and the location was very desirable. We hope to stay there again on future visits.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at Bowen's. Growing up in the area, and having no family still there to stay with, we had to pick a place. Bowen's is great - a home away from home. We had the 2 bedroom cottage and it was just perfect for our family of 4. Playground, pond, pool, putting green, grounds were a great setting to stay within the Hamptons. About 7-10 minutes from the beaches! Highly Recommend.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had to make a sudden reservation and I fell upon Bowen's by the Bay. I needed to bring my dog and they are pet friendly. Close to everything and the cottages were adorable and clean as a whistle. Had a BBQ and a hammack outside and a screened in porch which was nice to sit in the morning.
The owners are very nice and the grounds are beautiful. Small enough yet not crowded property.
I would recommend this place even if you don't have a pet. They have regular rooms which are just as nice and clean.

Room Tip: Nice grounds and pool. Schuffle board, Tennis court and also can have a lesson or two if you need b...
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My Girl friend and I recently stayed at Bowens for a few days, and we were able to bring out dog too. I cant say enough about how happy I am with out trip. We live in Brooklyn so we really just wanted a chill place to hang out and enjoy the beautiful summer. Bowens was gorgeous, cozy, and very clean. The cottage had everything from its own outdoor grill, picnic area, porch, and hammock. The beach was only a short car trip down the road ( where we saw whales!), and there was a great grocery store across the street. All I really wanted to do was find somewhere I could propose to my girlfriend, somewhere that we could always come back to and celebrate. Bowens was perfect.

Room Tip: The cottages were great, but I peaked into the smaller rooms and they seemed really nice too.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed July 1, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay. Clean, convenient, beautiful grounds. I cannot recommend Bowen's more highly!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband, two young children and I stayed at Bowen's for just one night, and we left wishing we could have stayed longer! The grounds are filled with blooming flowers and many places to sit and enjoy the sun or shade. Just as others have said, the owners were very accommodating, super friendly, and genuinely interested in our experience. The welcome bags were a really nice touch. We hopped in our car and had our choice of several fabulous beaches within 5 to 20 minutes of the hotel. We will definitely come back if we have the chance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End
10 mi away
Residence Inn Long Island East End

Been to Bowen's by the Bays? Share your experiences!