“Excellent food and good service with views of shark tournaments”

Oakland's Restaurant & Marina
Ranked #7 of 82 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Sometimes while i enjoy my excellent seafood i can see huge fish being weighed caught a few minutes ago. One shark was so big they had to shoot it!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

With so many beautiful estates along Dune Road, it's worth a trip for that alone. Oakland's is upscale and the waterside views are wonderful. As expected, dinner was a little pricey, but service was good and our meals, although not memorable, were fine. Their clam chowder rating definitely would be a poor though.

1  Thank LUV2RETIRE
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had dinner at Oaklands this past Tuesday. My cousin said they had fresh seafood, the best around. Of course he neglected to tell me that the prices were outrageous!Our waitress was very nice, friendly and told us the specials. When I glanced at the menu the cheapest item was $28.00. And none of the entree's included salad which I thought was a complete rip off. Our bread was stale. Our cokes were flat. I ordered the Sesame Coated Swordfish~
thick cut swordfish coated with black and white sesame seeds served over asian-style slaw
and topped with a garlic-miso compound butter (twenty eight dollars)
My fish was tasteless. The asian-style slaw was wilted and mushy, I didn't taste any garlic miso butter on top either. I was tempted to return it, I really should have, but my cousin and his wife were there and were ranting and raving.
My mother ordered the special, 1 1/4 p. Lobster stuffed with pink shrimp and bay scallops, with corn on the cob and a side of mussles for $28.00. The lobster meat was tough, the corn on the cob tasted like it had been cooked hours before. And the mussles were like eating out of a sand box! yuk!
My cousin ordered the **Red Chili Coated Tuna Steak ($29.00)
He didn't say much about it while he was eating it.... He did say that the potatoes were awful..
His wife ordered the most expensive item on the menu Filet Mignon 10 oz. ($38.00)
She cleared her plate.....The filet looked delicious! I wished I ordered that instead.
If you are looking for a nice place to get a glass of wine ($12.00) or a water to enjoy the view I would sugest coming here. But for the food it was NOT worth the price! It was bland I couldn't have had a better meal at Red Lobester....

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Food and service okay,little pricey.Outside tables have a fantastic view,but the wait for them is sometimes a little long.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went here only for the view it was great. The food was another story... We didn't care much for the food, it was overpriced and not very good. It was fresh but tastless. and the staff didn't do much to help.