“I live in Sag Harbor but...”
Review of Orlando's Cafe

Orlando's Cafe
Ranked #21 of 80 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I make every possible excuse to find a reason to go to Hampton Bays just to eat at Orlando.

It's not a great restaurant in a town for me, but rather a destination in and of itself.

At first blush, it has the feel of a dive, with a lot of take out, a dozen or so chairs and no atmosphere. Once you settle in, you realize that the place is filled with regulars who come again and again for the food -- myself included.

Orlando, the owner, is from Costa Rica and the guy can COOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While heavy on Latin fare, there is a lot to chose from...and I've never had a bad meal there.

I order dinner portions for lunch and bring the other half home with me, going into heavy mourning when I finish the second portion.

I love Latin food, have lived in and traveled substantially in Latin America and this is some of the best Latino food I have ever had in my life. Period.

I would recommend it without reservation.....as long as you leave a seat for me if I'm in the neighborhood.

2  Thank Gene1133

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The title only tells half the story. This little hole in the wall has unbelievable food, we went for breakfast and ordered many items on the menu. Huevos rancheros was AMAZING, French toast, to die for, zeppoles, delicious and even the lemonade/ice tea was home brewed and so refreshing. If you are in the Hamptons, go here, go often and get the baked goods, eat them there and then get a second batch to go. You will thank me later!!!!

Go for lunch and thankfully they are now open for Dinners twice a week, go if you can, they switch up the menu all the time and its always fresh and good.

Enjoy every bite!!!

1  Thank Brandon M
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'm afraid to give this too much praise or we will never get a seat in the summertime. Seriously delicious chilaquiles that make you sweat from delicious heat....pot roast sandwiches that made me stop being a vegetarian...chicken tacos that make you crave them. Simple eggs are great here. Not fancy...just plain good.

1  Thank AASK
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Tasty rice and beans but only flecks of chicken in the arroz con pollo. $16 for rice and beans was overpriced. One of our group had jambalaya and that was better.The restaurant looked so run down (and had no AC) that we decided to do take out. No menu online.

1  Thank polarbell
Reviewed June 20, 2013

food was okay, lots of choices on the menu, reasonable prices...really yummy banana bread! but the restaurant itself was run down.. glass window showings where food should be was full of cluttered old dishware and misc. things... wish it looked nicer inside.. at least the bathroom was clean :/ probably wont be back because of the way it looks inside..:/

1  Thank Chelsea V