“EXTREMELY LOW-END; KEEP AWAY!”

Out of the Blue Seafood
Ranked #10 of 81 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The staff is very nice and pleasant here but....My husband and I ate there in the summer, and were very disappointed in our fish and chips, undercooked batter, ugh! and other things - the special of the day appetizer was some corn fritter thing, etc . = poor quality. We did not at all enjoy that cheap plastic cutlery and paper plates; a very bland, seafood chowder soup (why not splurge on some herbs here?); slow service; not enough staff (profits before people?). It is super overpriced for what it is. Don't waste your time or money, especially with so many better restaurants in the resort area! Then, in September, as I had a coupon for a 10% discount, and no other reason, I stupidly purchased raw fish to go that the salesman swore was "fresh daily". Well, upon unwrapping it, it smelled really badly and had a weird consistency, too. I drove all the way back there at dinner time, wasting gas and time on this, and did in fact receive a full refund, with that same very nice, polite salesperson still claiming it was fresh. But how would he know? Did he eat it first and then sell it to us? Hmmm.....Do not trust their sell-by dates!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The seafood in Brewsters is very fresh and tasty. The Atmosphere is casual and service was slow. There was only one girl who was doing the best she could. Wednesday Evening.
Who ever manages this place really needs to get on the ball. It wasn't all that busy The cook barely knew how to make up a plain salad for two people. The prices are steep considering they serve the food on paper places and use plastic utensils. No big deal portions either. There is no Happy Hour here for sure. Wine was $7.50 to $8.00 each for these tiny single bottles of wine. Oh Gosh !! people are not ignorant. You can't rip them off, they just won't return There was a guy in the lot that bought his wine else where. Hope the owner does something to improve this situation. Have half price drinks at the bar. Serve some bread with the meals, and serve up some hearty salads. Not asking for much, Plenty of places to eat in the Hamptons and they do it.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I was actually headed to Canal Cafe in Hampton Bays, only to find them closed on Tuesdays.

As I was heading back to Sunrise Hwy, I saw Brewsters.

I was pleasantly surprised!

I had a dozen clams on the half shell, very fresh and served ice cold.
My friend had a small bucket of steamers. They were good, just on the small side.

Next we ordered the traditional lobster roll and a "hot" lobster roll.

The traditional lobster roll was excellent, very fresh, made right. The only negative was that the bun was not super fresh. The lobster salad itself was delicious! $18.00 served w/ fries and a small container if coke slaw.

The "hot" lobster roll was tasty. It consisted of lobster meat sautéed in butter and placed on a delicious bun. No mayo. Very nice. $19.00 served w/fries and a small container of cole slaw.

Between the two, the traditional won our hearts.

It did take about 30 minutes to get our appetizers, probably because they had 1 server working.

All in all, I would return...in a heartbeat!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife had the two crays, what a sight watching her eat them! Had the time of my life. I had a fish based dish, it wasn't cheap but I think it was money well spent!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place ought to be skipped, as there are much better ones in the area. The service is slow. The plates are plastic. The seafood is much better elsewhere. Very disappointing and not our first visit either, but all disappointing. Shall not return.

1  Thank Screaminglyfine