“Awesome steak dinner!”

Ranked #8 of 88 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Please join us at our family owned steakhouse in Hampton Bays on the Shinnecock Canal! Serving USDA Certified Angus Prime Steaks, local seafood and daily creative specials prepared by our professionally trained chefs. Nightly specials include Tuesday and Sunday 3 Course Prix Fixe Menu, Wednesday Date Night (2 Entrees and a bottle of wine $50), Thursday Tapas, and Friday Happy Hour and live music. Gluten-free friendly.
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

We've had the pleasure of eating here a few times, and have never been disappointed! Delicious food, excellent service. Don't hesitate to try it!

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Food was good but the ambiance was terrible. My table was next to a bar that was being used as a busing station so all night the bus boys were stacking and cleaning dishes and sorting silverware. They were walking past my table all night. The dining room was so loud that I couldn't hear my wife next to me. There was a table on the other side of the room with two couples shouting loudly. The management made no attempt to ask these people to be quiet. I won't be going back again.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

1 North Steakhouse strikes a balance between a laid back costal town restaurant and a decent steakhouse. I was surprised that the area didn't support more upscale steakhouses. 1 North did a fine job but it just lacks that feel of a solid east coast, upper end, old school steakhouse. I had no complaints about the food or service but they fell just a little short on overall atmosphere.

The staff was attentive and got everything right. We were seated quickly and our waiter arrived promptly.
The food was good and delivered without undue delay. I had the surf & turf and the lobster tail was large but didn't seem to be fresh. The time of year (mid August) may have been an issue but a top notch steakhouse can do a bit better. The filet was cooked perfectly to order. All of the food was good but nothing was exceptional.
The service was outstanding. Everyone from start to finish was on their game and professional. The staff gets two thumbs up !
The location was a bit odd. Easy to reach with plenty of parking but nothing really to make it stand out. It was as if the restaurant was dropped into a quasi residential / light retail neighborhood as an afterthought. Or maybe it was originally a house converted to a restaurant?

I want to give 1 North Steakhouse 5 stars but it just didn't quite reach the level of "one of the best meals I've ever had".

The overall experience was a good and I would have no issue in returning or recommending 1 North to friends.

Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

We had dinner there last evening. We have always enjoyed this restaurant since it opened. It's original location was on the canal in Hampton Bays. Service is always great and menu has many interesting dishes. The Clams in tomato broth is very tasty. The warm romaine salad is excellent and it's a large portion. Hanger steak very tasty also. The only thing that I don't care for is the food tends to be very salty. Service is friendly and quick. Enjoy.

Reviewed August 6, 2016

The oysters Rockefeller are the bomb! We have always has excellent food and the service is friendly and professional . Our new favorite!