“great stay, comfortable, quiet very well kept property”

Ocean View Terrace Motel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hampton Bays
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“great stay, comfortable, quiet very well kept property”
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Recently stayed here with 4 other co-workers while builing a private home, after long days it was nice to come back to a nice clean comfortale room. Penny was great told us about the area, places to get good meals and deals places to shop. We stay at a lot of places around the country and this is one we all agreed we would all want to return to.

Great to meet you Penny!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Warren, Ohio
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I ended up in the ER while staying at ocean view and the staff at the hotel was very helpful and accommodating! I was very pleased with our stay! If I ever go back to Hampton Bays, I would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My husband and I just returned to our new home, from our trip to our old home, Long Island. We spent one week at the Ocean View Terrace and were very pleased. From the moment we spoke with super-friendly Penny on the phone we felt comfortable booking there. Our room was bright and very clean with a super large bathroom. I was at first concened about the proximity to Montauk Hwy, but I never heard a sound once inside the room with the A/c on. Lovely view from our room and our terrace of the pool and grounds (both maintained BEAUTIFULLY) and the Bay accoss Montauk. Great location near the Hampton Maid for breakfast and we could walk to The Edgewater for drinks and great food. Easy to get from this Inn to town or to the beaches. We had 3 small children for an overnight while we were there and Penny was so helpful and accomodating. On our way out we checked out the second floor 2 bedroom suite and loved the view from there and the extra space, so if we get the nieces and nephews again when we return we would chose that room in a heartbeat. We have stayed other places in the Hamptons, but have found them to be not nearly as bright and clean. At other Hampton locations, we have always run into the noisy young crowd which makes relaxing a challenge. The Ocean View was so serene and we look forward to returning. Oh and PS: we left the ipod charger and Penny sent it to us before we even noticed it was missing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsOhdeOh
Spring Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2010

As a child I went to the Hamptons every summer, and loved it. I now live in Spring Lake NJ, which is also beautiful, but I wanted my son and husband, who have never been, to experience what I did as a young girl. Being at this location, we were able to see all the towns I remember. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Akron, oh
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I visited Hampton Bays, and the Southampton area for three days this Summer. I was fortunate enough to have found the Ocean View Terrace right on the Montauk Highway. The room was super clean and the person working at the desk was more then happy to steer me in the right direction, when asked. I noticed gas grills outside for our use as well as an inviting pool. I know I will be staying there again next year, if a room is available.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Our family and extended family came up to the Hamptons for a baptism and we were lucky to book several suites in advance at this cozy Inn. Penny, our hostess, who greeted us was very friendly and gaves us great advice about which places to enjoy in the area. The rooms were extremely clean, and the walls looked like they had recently received a fresh coat of paint. The bed spreads looked to be new. We really appreciated the quiet, and comfortable rooms, and the Inn had plenty of free parking for all our cars. The beds were extremely comfy and I had not had such a relaxing sleep in a long time. It must have been the sound of the soft waves from the shore accross the street that lulled me to sleep. In the morning the kids spent time in the pool and we also really enjoyed swimming at the nearby beaches, all the cute shops and restaurants in the nearbby Hampton villages were so much fun. This was convenient location to everything and we were able to stay at a reasonable rate compared to other places near by. We really had a relaxing week, loved the location and will be sure to come again next year for another week. It was a good value.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank AP325
Nassau, New York
Reviewed July 14, 2010

For the past 5 years, my sister and I have returned to the Ocean View Terrace and experienced a better time than the year before. The owner, Penny, is quite hospitable and friendly and always helpful exposing us to local events, fairs and concerts taking place that week. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the motel is conveniently located allowing us to travel to different parts of the Hamptons to experience an array of shops,boutiques,beaches, art galleries, theatre and more. We know that we will return next summer to make new memories and new friends.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
#5 of 8 in Southampton
The Hamlet Inn
The Hamlet Inn
#2 of 8 in Southampton

Been to Ocean View Terrace Motel? Share your experiences!