“A little tired”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hampton Bays
New York
“A little tired”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is one of the less expensive places for a summer weekend stay, and you do get what you pay for. Room is small, bed is small, but the A/C works (although it is loud). My impression is that very lkittle has changed here over the years. Free wi-fi a plus.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank C4times3
Penelope J, Owner at Ocean View Terrace Motel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. If there's anything you think we can do to improve, let us know!

Penelope, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have loved Ocean View Terrace for almost 14 years! The most comfortable, clean & affordable spot in the Hamptons! The staff is very attentive & always has a helpful suggestion or solution to any question I have. Thank you all so very much for keeping this wonderful place thriving & I'm looking forward to many more years to come relaxing in this perfectly lovely oasis! xxoo

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Amy L
Penelope J, Owner at Ocean View Terrace Motel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank YOU so much for all the wonderful words, Amy. Hearing you call our place home is why I do this. Can't wait to see you again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I rediscovered OVT during the summer of 2013 many years after my parents spent their summers there. After my wife and I stayed there for a weekend in early July we fell in love with the place and booked every remaining weekend for the balance of the summer. The grounds, pool, and rooms are immaculate, the beds comfortable, and the service warm and welcoming. Beautiful views of Shinnecock Bay are available from most rooms and with OVT's location just minutes away from some of the most beautiful, sandy beaches on Long Island's east end, we find this combination of features tough to beat. Earlier this year my wife and I booked several weeks and every weekend for the entire summer of 2014. Kudos to Penny and her entire staff for creating a great environment at OVT.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bob C
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My spouse and I eloped in November 2013 and stayed at the Ocean View. Everyone was tremendously kind to us. When I mentioned that it was our honeymoon, we received an upgrade to a lovely suite with a full kitchen and enormous whirlpool tub. The bed was very comfortable and everything was neat and clean. We both have a lot of food allergies, so it was great to be able to cook our own meals and not have to worry at all about being "poisoned" at a restaurant; there was a nice big supermarket just a short drive away where we could get everything we needed. We got a really lovely vacation for a fraction of the cost of a wedding! We plan to return to the Ocean View every year for our anniversary if we can.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rose F
Penelope J, Penny at Ocean View Terrace Motel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
I'm over the moon that we could be a part of your wedding adventure, Rose. There's nothing better than hearing our suite helped create an amazing time for you and your spouse. I know it's been a year, but congratulations and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Hope you two are doing well,
Hampton Bays, New York
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed there for the entire winter season way back in 1972. Only $80.00 per month and they even cleaned the room every week. Those were the days. I still ride by the area along the bay and the place still looks the same.

Room Tip: I guess the rooms north of Montauk Hw. would be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank JAC C
Penelope J, Owner at Ocean View Terrace Motel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I'm thrilled we could be a part of such wonderful memories. I hope we'll see you back again soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went to the Hamptons for 3 nights as a break from NY city and we had a great time at the Ocean View Terrace Motel. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable so we slept well. There is some traffic noise but we didn't find it a problem.

The hosts were fantastic. They gave us a very warm welcome and helped us out hiring bikes and a car to get around the area. They made sure our hire car was picked up at the end of our stay and sent my camera to me in the post straight away when I left it behind. We felt very at home.

The motel is very well located, near the lovely town of Southampton and the amazing beaches. We would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Juliaobrien
Penelope J, Manager at Ocean View Terrace Motel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We appreciate your wonderful review and taking the time to post it. We would love to have you come back and stay with us again in the near future!! Thank you again
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place is fine for what it is - a motel - but very overpriced. We stayed 2 nights in September 2013 and paid over $300 per night. Rooms are fine - clean, bed comfortable - but very basic (very simple bathroom, minimal toiletries provided, small towels, no tea). The motel is not within walking distance of anything (and if it is, you have to walk on a very busy road with no sidewalk) so be prepared to drive everywhere. Room faced a main road so constantly cars driving past - again, not a problem for a motel, but just be prepared. Staff were ok but not great - I was woken at 5am one morning by a very loud motor sound coming from the pool area for a few hours and they showed no interest in investigating when I told them about it.

Also no breakfast provided here, although there is a great place for breakfast a few doors down at the Hampton Maid (which incidentally looks like a much nicer place to stay for around the same rates).

All in all, this place is fine if you expect a basic motel, but not worth the money we paid for it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tep101
Penelope J, Manager at Ocean View Terrace Motel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your review, but there are a few discrepancies in it that I needed to respond to. First one is our pricing which is fair in regards to the service we provide and the pricing of our neighboring motels. Also the price of $275 per night plus taxes is for a weekend stay which is higher than the weekday. There is daily maid service which replenishes the amenities in the rooms, soap, conditioning shampoo, lotion. Towels consist of four large bath (22x54) two hand (tea) , two face cloths and a terry bath mat. That is what most hotels provide. We also have hair dryers, irons ironing boards and in-room coffee (coffee pot and coffee with condiments provided). The road noise cannot be helped. We are on a main road and that helps us in being noticed by passing cars, the reason for having "no vacancy" sign up. We really appreciate your business and we hope you will visit us again. We have celebrated our 30th year in owning/managing this property so we must be doing something right!! Thank you again for taking the time to review the property.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton Bays
#2 of 8 in Southampton
Southampton Long Island Hotel
Southampton Long Island Hotel
#5 of 8 in Southampton

Been to Ocean View Terrace Motel? Share your experiences!