All reviews other guests octagon house wood room my husband and i finger lakes one of a kind stained glass common areas keuka lake trained chef farm to table locally sourced ingredients couples massage interior design gracious hosts an amazing job perfect weekend
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Debbie & Marc are wonderful! They are kind, warm,and welcoming! They are very knowledgeable about the area, nearby attractions, & the history of their home. Their establishment is beautiful! The breakfast was AMAZING! We can't wait for our next stay at The Black Sheep Inn!

Date of stay: September 2013
debmychef, Owner at The Black Sheep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

It was a pleasure having you with us, and we're glad you had a great time in Hammondsport and the Finger Lakes. Keep in touch and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just finished the WORST conversation in customer service in my life.
I've travelled the world and stayed in the finest hotels and have NEVER been treated so poorly.
The conversation was concerning reservations for a stay we are planning in the Finger Lakes.
After getting all of my information (name, address, credit card info, etc.), Debbie (I think) was positively amazed that I was not going to stay at her B&B after hearing the price per night.
I explained that we were arriving late and planning to leave early and, therefore, would not be able to take full advantage of this upscale place. Debbie couldn't understand that I didn't say this at the beginning of our conversation-- she NEVER told me the price and only costed out our stay after I asked; pretty unusual. Clearly her fault.
Cancellation policy, when I inquired, was "look at the web-site." Then told only can get a refund if they rented out the room for the night. Ridiculous! Almost every other hotel in the world has more "customer friendly" policies for this.
End of conversation, after I explained that I was sorry for wasting her "precious" time, was she actually hung up the telephone on me.
I am a professional- (High School Guidance Counselor) and I expect reasonable people at the other end of the phone in this type of situation. Didn't happen in this case.
Just incredible!

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank NewtownSquareBaldies
debmychef, Owner at The Black Sheep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Here at the Black Sheep Inn & Spa, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer experience. We were shocked to read this reviewer's version of the conversation that took place, for it bears no resemblance to the actual conversation. As the owners and operators of this business, we value every potential customer and we take great pride in helping them create a memorable trip to Hammondsport and the Finger Lakes. We certainly understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it’s unfortunate when people misrepresent the truth.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Black Sheep Inn B&B and was pleasantly surprised from the warm welcome to the room and the great conversations. The owners, Debbie and Marc, are a creative duo that have carefully thought out the design, the menu, and even created the Black Sheep Guild, a membership program for discounts throughout the area for their guests.
A couple things to mention:
Debbie is an outstanding chef. If you are a farm to table food fan, you are going to go home raving about her creations.
They make a mean coffee. I love the little extra hint of something that they put into the beans.
The rooms are all unique with beautiful open spaces to relax or socialize outside of your rooms, upstairs, downstairs, and outside.
If the name says anything, the Black Sheep Inn isn't like the rest. It certainly stands out of the crowd in my book AND I've traveled a lot.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stumbled upon Black Sheep Inn when I was planning a "girls weekend" in the Finger Lakes. I have never stayed at a B&B before, as I never thought I would like it, but my experience here as changed my opinion about B&B/Inns. Debbie and Marc were nothing but wonderful from the start, helping me put together the perfect weekend for us. From the great restaurant recommendations, to the Wine Trail Survival Kit that Deb put together for us, and the wonderfully delicious breakfast, and the wealth of knowledge about the area, we couldn't have been happier and they helped us have a great and relaxing weekend. I have and will continue to recommend the Inn to everyone and anyone and I am looking forward to going back!

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Black Sheep Inn is a fabulous B&B in the heart of the wine country. We have stayed there 3 times so far and every stay is wonderful. The inn is charming, the hosts Debbie and Mark warm and inviting and the breakfast -FANTASTIC!!! Plus, the added benefit of the proximity to Hammondsport with some great restaurants (Old Village Inn NOT included!). I highly recommend the Black Sheep Inn.

Date of stay: October 2013