“Stand Out of the Crowd B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammondsport
The Black Sheep Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Hammondsport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Black Sheep Inn B&B and was pleasantly surprised from the warm welcome to the room and the great conversations. The owners, Debbie and Marc, are a creative duo that have carefully thought out the design, the menu, and even created the Black Sheep Guild, a membership program for discounts throughout the area for their guests.
A couple things to mention:
Debbie is an outstanding chef. If you are a farm to table food fan, you are going to go home raving about her creations.
They make a mean coffee. I love the little extra hint of something that they put into the beans.
The rooms are all unique with beautiful open spaces to relax or socialize outside of your rooms, upstairs, downstairs, and outside.
If the name says anything, the Black Sheep Inn isn't like the rest. It certainly stands out of the crowd in my book AND I've traveled a lot.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stumbled upon Black Sheep Inn when I was planning a "girls weekend" in the Finger Lakes. I have never stayed at a B&B before, as I never thought I would like it, but my experience here as changed my opinion about B&B/Inns. Debbie and Marc were nothing but wonderful from the start, helping me put together the perfect weekend for us. From the great restaurant recommendations, to the Wine Trail Survival Kit that Deb put together for us, and the wonderfully delicious breakfast, and the wealth of knowledge about the area, we couldn't have been happier and they helped us have a great and relaxing weekend. I have and will continue to recommend the Inn to everyone and anyone and I am looking forward to going back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Black Sheep Inn is a fabulous B&B in the heart of the wine country. We have stayed there 3 times so far and every stay is wonderful. The inn is charming, the hosts Debbie and Mark warm and inviting and the breakfast -FANTASTIC!!! Plus, the added benefit of the proximity to Hammondsport with some great restaurants (Old Village Inn NOT included!). I highly recommend the Black Sheep Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I celebrate our wedding anniversary each year at a different B&B in the finger lakes and we have stayed at quite a few. The Black Sheep Inn is by far the best and we will be returning to stay at this absolutely fantastic B&B!! Dan & Deb La Bar Rochester, NY

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Black Sheep Inn for our honeymoon and loved it! Debbie and Marc made us feel right at home. Debbie is an amazing cook, and we highly suggest getting the Black Sheep signature cooler while wine tasting. It was packed full of healthy and delicious food! The whole house is beautiful, and the rooms very clean and welcoming. They did a great job restoring the house. We did a couples massage, that helped make our trip more relaxing. Hammondsport and the Black Sheep Inn are musts when visiting the southern wine region.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My stay was wonderful. The innkeepers are absolutely delightful, welcoming and helpful. The rooms are lovely. The area is beautiful. The village is charming, The restaurants both in the village and at Bully Hill Winery served delicious food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Deb and Mark make you feel right at home in their newly renovated Inn. The rooms are cozy and warm and the added feature of a spa on sight give the extra touch of pure relaxation. Staying here is wonderfully peaceful. Deb will guide you to all of the best wineries to your particular liking. She also gives you their Black Sheep Card for you to show to most winery which makes tastings free in the area. Take a look at their photo book in the livingroom of the renovations, remarkable! Can’t wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple