“Great Food; Great Atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Snug Harbor Restaurant

Snug Harbor Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 24 Restaurants in Hammondsport
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Regional cuisine, eclectic bar, and stunning views. The historic Snug Harbor is more than just a restaurant: It's a destination.
Yardville, New Jersey
“Great Food; Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to Snug Harbor Restaurant since 1977. It has special meaning for us because we dined there on our honeymoon. Since then the restaurant has been through several ownerships - some good; some bad. The new owners, Jeffrey and Kathy Bates, provided an excellent dining experience when we dined on June 29, 2013. My wife had the charbroiled New York strip steak It was a choice cut, cooked perfectly and tasted great. I had the 12 ounce pork chop with demi-glasse. My chop was double boned and was not dry. Pork chops can be dry if not cooked properly and this one was perfect. Our server was Maggie and she enhanced our dining experience. She was pleasant, efficient, helpful, knowledgeable about the menu, as well as professional. We will ask for her when we return. We always request seating on the "porch", either upstairs or down. The porch provides the best view of beautiful Keuka Lake. We always enjoy watching the boats docking at the slips provided by the restaurant. The restaurant is well kept and lends itself to a relaxing experience. We can't wait to return and we highly recommend this restaurant..

Churchton, Maryland
“Lakeside location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Good food, beautiful view with lots of seating choices inside or out, slightly slow service but we weren't in any hurry.

Visited June 2013
East Hampton, New York
“A little bit of heaven on earth!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This restaurant is located right on Keuka Lake. This was our second time visiting this gem of a place. Our waitress was just adorable and the service was just a little slow ..... But we were on the porch on the second floor. The menu was a bit limited ... But I chose the pasta with chicken in a blue cheese sauce and it was very delicious! And for dessert we had a special raspberry dessert in a special cream sauce. Yummy! Look forward to returning on our next trip to Keuka Lake.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Buffalo, New York
“Great spot right on the lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I have dined here twice and we will definitely be back. It is the perfect spot after a long day of wineries, hiking or even strolling through Hammondsport. On both occasions we were lucky enough to be able to sit right on the water. There is a large patio so it is usually not a problem.[ Note: they do not take reservations for smaller parties.]

The first time we went we loved our food. We started with the Baked Gorgonzola, not the healthiest dish, but worth it once a year! Then we both ordered a steak and it was very good.

This year's visit was memorable, but not in a great way. They were out of a few apps and dishes, which is understandable as it was busy. However, while our server was a nice young girl, she was not extremely attentive. I ordered penne pasta and it was very watery, but the worst part was that my husband's pork was a deep pink. I asked the waitress if this is how it is typically served and she said it was totally fine. Needless to say, I did not think it was yet my husband like the breading and continued to eat a bit more. As we were leaving, we found out the grill ran out of propane. I would have to think my husband's pork chop was a by product of this mess. Needless to say, he got very ill. I am sure this is not the norm and we should have insisted to have the pork chop recooked...if the grill was working!

Despite this experience, I have to say the ambience on the water is unbeatable. Moreover, I hope this second experience was just a glitch :)

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The food was fine, the service slow, the view beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We must have been between shifts or something because there seemed to be one harried waitress for all the tables, and the food was pretty slow coming out. She was very nice, though, and worked as efficiently as possible.

Visited June 2013