“What a View! and Good Food Too!”
Review of Blue Heron Cafe

Blue Heron Cafe
Ranked #16 of 24 Restaurants in Hammondsport
Description: The Blue Heron Café at Heron Hill Winery takes great pride in using only the freshest and highest-quality ingredients, and incorporating locally-grown produce when in season. The Café has generously portioned menu items featuring appetizers, salads, wraps and sandwiches. Savor the vista views of Keuka Lake from the Café terrace over appetizers or lunch and our award-winning wine. The Café is open May through October.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

On a recent trip to Keuka Lake my wife and I stopped at the Blue Heron Cafe for lunch. We were told that the Blue Heron Cafe had a nice, lite lunch menu, as opposed to Bully Hill, which had a more "Full Lunch" menu. This was exactly what we were looking for, a lite lunch.

First off, what a view of the lake! Very nice!

The food - We both had the Apple Cider Chicken Soup and a Caesar Salad. Both were excellent, but the Apple Cider Chicken Soup was a real knock out surprise! WoW! I wasn't too sure about trying it, it sounded both very good and also like it could be a big mistake. I am so glad I took a leap of faith on this one - it was so good! Creamy, not too heavy though, you could taste the Apple Cider, not overpowering, just enough. The chunks of chicken were plentiful and tasty.

The Caesar Salad was quite good too, but alas, it did take a back seat to the Apple Cider Chicken Soup.

It was a bit windy and chilly outside that day, we sat at one of the two indoor tables. That was a good choice, I think if we had eaten outside our soup would have cooled off way too quickly, and so would we!

Suggestion - Add more indoor seating somewhere!

Add on if you have to.

I can see it being way too hot there in the middle of Summer.

I recommend that you stop and sample some wines and then enjoy a nice, lite lunch at the Blue Heron Cafe. And, if they have the Apple Cider Chicken Soup, you must try some!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Upon arrival they informed us that their ovens were out of service, therefore, the menu was limited. We had calabrese crostini and paninis and were not at all disappointed. The food was fresh and delicious. My mouth is watering thinking about the crostinis. Service was pleasant and you can't bet their outdoor patio and view! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The view here is absolutely top notch. The food is good, not special, but very good. We had music the day we were there, so music, food, wine and a great view aer hard to beat!