“Keuka Lakeside Inn”
Review of Keuka Lakeside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hammondsport
Keuka Lakeside Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hammondsport
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I spend three days at the Keuka Lakeside Inn. The rooms are small, however when travelling we need only a good clean comfortable place to stay. We do not need internet connections, TV, telephone or any other electronic miracles. We travel to get away and be by ourselves, meet new people. The Keuka Lakeside Inn has comfortable beds and the unit was extremely clean. It is located on the shore of Keuka Lake. Very quiet and peaceful. Very reasonable price,I would recommend to any one. The owner Ron was very friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. If you stay there be sure to take in the Glenn Curtis Museum

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David C
There are newer reviews for Keuka Lakeside Inn

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at the Keuka Lakeside Inn over the weekend of 9/21 - 9/23 for a weekend of wine tasting at Keuka Lake. The inn was clean and nice although nothing fancy. It was also pretty economical for the area as I had checked other properties before reserving a room there. The best thing is the location, as it is walking distance from the Hammondsport Town square where there are numerous restaurants, bars, and shops. The inn is also right on the water with a dock wand gazebo. The owner was nice also and very helpful about the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank George P
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I (32 and 31) just stayed here for two nights and can't say enough about this place! We stumbled upon this place which was right on the lake - such friendly owners, clean room which yes is a little outdated. However, we really only spent time in the room to sleep and shower. It was so relaxing to just sit outside in the gazebo and enjoy the scenery and fish off the dock. The town is really cute and again, very friendly. And in terms of the room the owner plans to do some updates for next year. We can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank dietiian101
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We hadn't stayed here before but reading the reviews we realized the place had changed a lot since the new owner (Ron) took over. A great location right on the water. The room was excellent, very clean with a great view of the lake, the only downside I could find was I thought the mattress could use an upgrade, I woke with a back ache. Everything else was so perfect that we're definitely coming back.
Restaurants, pubs and shops are all in walking distance. All the rooms have a nice overhang with adirondack chairs outside. There's also a very nice gazebo with a great lake view. We were on motorcycles with a trailer in tow, you can pull right up to your room door which is great.
We were sitting outside in the evening enjoying a beverage and the view when the new owner happened by. We talked for a while. Many changes have been made with more to come. He was very friendly and wants everyone to have a great stay here. He has just put in a brand new boat launch with new dock and slips coming soon. One really cool thing is that you can bring your boat and keep it in one of the slips for your stay. We plan on coming back either this fall or next year and staying a few days for boating fun.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Livinfortheride
Reviewed August 9, 2012

On the recommendation of friends who have stayed at this motel over several summers, we took the family for a four-day stay. The motel is convenient to everything in Hammondsport; the new owner has already made lots of changes and told me that he has a complete renovation of every room planned for this upcoming off-season.

The Keuka Lakeside Inn is typical of a small, family owned facility, and while it definitely needs work (all underway, as mentioned) it is clean, comfortable, and convenient. The best amenity, though, is watching the sunrise from Ron's newly-renovated gazebo. We're already planning our next trip!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank T B
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here (2) nights Aug.3/4 while attending a yearly motorcycle event at the nearby Glen Curtis Museum, which is an excellant place to visit any time of year. The new owners,Rob and Deb, were friendly,gracious,and helpful. They printed out info. on local places of interest. Upon checking in I had mentioned to Deb our concern of some severe weather for Sunday morning when we would check out. Deb's husband Ron knocked on our door 5 minutes after checkin with an updated weather report from the internet. Thanks!
I don't know about you but the 1st.thing I want anywhere I stay is to be affordable and CLEAN! Keuka Lakeside Inn is both.The A/C worked excellant,the bed was comfortable,and it had a nice flat screen tv.The bathroom was a little small, but let me emphasize the cleanliness of the room,even though the decor was a bit on the older side the room was immaculate(no dust,nothing broken,ect.).I also like the idea of pulling right up to your motel door. Would def. stay here again and def. recommend staying here to anyone visiting the area.

PS-Ron and Deb thanks for searching for hair conditioner for my wife when the local stores had none.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the lake but the others are just a steps from the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hideout1195
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Under the new owners, Ron and Debbie, this vacation spot is even better than last year. The benefits are - affordable (my husband and I could stay a whole week), walk to the restaurants and town square, boat launch right there, and a park with benches and swimming right beside the motel property. The new gazebo is lovely for reading a book or watching the lake activity.
The rooms are neat and clean, staff is great. If their rates were triple what they charge then I could understand some frustration with the amenities - but it's an American dream to still find places like this.

Room Tip: Whether here or at a Hyatt, if you are a light sleeper, ear plugs might help.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ann A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammondsport
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Lakeside Resort
Lakeside Resort
#3 of 9 in Watkins Glen
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath

Been to Keuka Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!