“YUM-O!!!”
Review of Champaigne BBQ - CLOSED

Champaigne BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Recently went here while staying at the Finger Lakes, NY. This food is INCREDIBLE! Everyone in our group was more than satisfied with their food, from the 1/2 chicken, to italian sausage, to pulled pork and homemade mac n cheese-you can't go wrong here!! Plus this town is too cute!

1  Thank Eur0pe2010

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were a party of 6, including a toddler. We stopped for lunch on a Tuesday. We were seated in the back. It was cold, and tables had not been bussed. When the waitress came, I asked her if she was the only one working and she was. Slow drink deliveries, slow ordering, slow check backs. When we were finished, I went to the bar to pay for the whole party, and the credit card machine was not working. Fortunately I had enough cash to cover it. As a bar, this is probably fine. As a restaurant I think I would pass on this one, there are plenty of better choices around.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I ate at the BBQ with 2 others on Labor Day weekend. The menu has quite an assortment of options, most of which are BBQ, but this is a BBQ joint people! I do recall them having an assortment of sides for their dishes which is a plus in my eyes. I ended up gettin an open face prime rib sandwhich (special) which was DELICIOUS, my side I chose was the macaroni salad and that was ok. My boyfriend got one of the other specials, a chicken pasta dish and he was satisfied with it. As for our friend, he got some sort of BBQ platter which had an array of BBQ things on it. One of the meats were the Ribs which I could see from my seat were fall off the bone and juicy. I don't know what other people are talking about horrible ribs, his were delicious he was raving about them! Service was good and we received our water in massive cups which I liked because I enjoy a lot of water with my meal. GIVE THEM A TRY. Seems some people have a chip on their shoulder or we just got extremely lucky!

1  Thank KO007
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Do NOT go here. Service is terrible and so is the staff attitude. Meals not served as said on the menu. Will not take visitors visiting our beautiful Lakes back here for a meal. Sloppy on the presentation. Looked like it had just been slapped on the plate. Some of us enjoyed our food some of us did not. The servers did not ask if we were happy with our meals. Quick with the bill tho. Just an unhappy with all and very disappointed for our visitors.

Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Loved the food. I had the Carolina Pulled Pork, which was juicy and flavorful. I liked it because the treatment of the pork highlighted the natural flavors of the quality meat instead of hiding poor meat under too much sauce. This sandwich was topped with a house-made coleslaw, which complimented the meat perfectly. My companion had the ribs, which must have been delicious because the only three words he uttered were "Oh. My. God." Also of note, the Mac'n'Cheese is a must. Couldn't get enough. House sauces were also fantastic.

No liquor; all beer & wine. Selections were ok.

Service was friendly, and proficient. Never had to ask for anything, which goes a LONG way in my book.

The only thing I did not care for was the atmosphere. In such a historic town, this stood apart as feeling a bit too sterile. Then again, who can really complain about clean? Ha ha. But, seriously, they need to dim the lights and raise the music.

1  Thank tmm_travelsforfood