“Beautiful view, great restaurant, good wine”

Bully Hill Vineyards Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the Finger Lakes wine country, this family-owned winery is popular for its humorous tours, spectacular scenery and artsy wine labels.
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Beautiful view, great restaurant, good wine”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The view is second to none in the area...absolutely beautiful. Restaurant is also quite good. My husband and father both loved the barbecue sampler. I enjoyed my veggie burger with portabello and provolone, especially loved the fries. I also ate my kids' leftover Mac and cheese and found that to be delicious as well. Paired with a glass of Verdelet...heavenly.

Visited July 2013

Walworth, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“the best winery tours”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have done many winery tours over the years, but no tours or tastings are as interesting or as much fun as the Bully Hill tours. Not only do you learn a great deal about wine making, but Walter Taylor, the original owner of Bully Hill, was a fascinating person and his persona is on everything at the winery. He made everything about the place fun, and you will laugh your way through the wine tasting. Not many places can say that.

1 Thank InnTravelers
Ontario
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Great Views”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The winery is set up on a hill with beautiful views of Lake Keuka below. There is plenty of parking and the facility is quite large. The wine tasting area is very busy and at $1 per sample, the samples are quite small. We bought 2 bottles of wine and although the wine is not the best we have had, we enjoyed the experience and view.

Pennsylvania
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was one of my favorite wineries of our trip to the Finger Lakes. We sought this winery out because it had a restaurant on the grounds which sounds like a minor thing but in the finger lakes, locations tend to be far apart and few wineries have food on site. The view from the winery of Keuka Lake is incredible.
The food at the restaurant was very good. We had a flat bread pizza as an appetizer, I had the BBQ plate as my main course, my husband had the buffalo burger and the other couple we were traveling with had the portabello mushroom special. We all had desserts as well and no one had a complaint about anything.
They have a museum set up to catalog and exhibit Walter Taylors colorful life. Its interesting to walk through. We also did the wine tasting, they had it set up a little differently than the other rooms in the area. You could either do a 5 for $5 tasting or an unlimited $1 a piece tasting. We opted for the $1 tasting and the gentleman who was pouring didn't charge us for all of our samples. If your'e on that side of the Finger Lakes, I would make a point to stop at Bully Hill.

Buffalo, New York
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“You Really Can't Complain”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A cute village-like set of buildings with a tasting room, gift shop, art gallery, restaurant, and good but inexpensive wines: that's Bully Hill--not including its interesting history. The tasting is $5 for 5 wines and you keep the glass, and you can taste most of the wines that are sold only on the estate, including the Seyval Blanc and Verdelet, both of which I really liked. Most bottles are $9 each--nearly unrivaled at any other wineries in the area. You won't find their wines as complex as Dr. Frank's or Keuka Springs, but like their founder sought, they present the grapes simply for a good taste.

We also ate lunch at the restaurant. The black and bleu beef brisket, the 5-cheese pizza (my wife and I split one), and a crab cake sandwich special were all wonderful, about $15 each. We left comfortable and not over-stuffed.