“You Really Can't Complain” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bully Hill Vineyards Winery

Bully Hill Vineyards Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the Finger Lakes wine country, this family-owned winery is popular for its humorous tours, spectacular scenery and artsy wine labels.
Buffalo, New York
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“You Really Can't Complain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

A cute village-like set of buildings with a tasting room, gift shop, art gallery, restaurant, and good but inexpensive wines: that's Bully Hill--not including its interesting history. The tasting is $5 for 5 wines and you keep the glass, and you can taste most of the wines that are sold only on the estate, including the Seyval Blanc and Verdelet, both of which I really liked. Most bottles are $9 each--nearly unrivaled at any other wineries in the area. You won't find their wines as complex as Dr. Frank's or Keuka Springs, but like their founder sought, they present the grapes simply for a good taste.

We also ate lunch at the restaurant. The black and bleu beef brisket, the 5-cheese pizza (my wife and I split one), and a crab cake sandwich special were all wonderful, about $15 each. We left comfortable and not over-stuffed.

Visited June 2013

Waverly, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Destination Worth the Trip up the Hill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We live in New York and had attended a wine tasting of Bully Hill wines in our community. Liking them, we decided to visit the winery on Keuka Lake. The setting is beautiful with the complex perched on a hill (Bully Hill) that has wonderful views of the lake. The only other Fingerlake winery I have visited with such a wonderful view is Sheldrake on Cayuga Lake. The Bully Hill staff in the tasting room told us that if we were planning on lunch, having lunch first would earn us a free round in the tasting room. Great idea! The lunch was good with again great views of the lake. The two-story gift shop was even much better than most with very good prices. But it is the wines that we came for and were not disappointed. A great selection and if you like dry red wine, a trip to Bully Hill will not disappoint. I, however, gravitate to "Love My Goat."

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Maryann D
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Finally got there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I've been thinking about visiting the Bully Hill Winery since I had my first drink of Love My Goat wine 30 years ago. My wife and I go to the fingerlakes several times a year but usually stay around Seneca Lake. Bully Hill is on Keuka Lake about 30 minutes from Watkins Glen, NY. This time we passed on our usual jaunt up the East side of Seneca and drove out to Keuka. The winery was not easy to find as there is only a tiny sign to direct you up a steep hill road. We were rewarded at the top with a stunning view of the scenery and the large Bully Hill complex. We passed some happy looking people coming out with a case of wine and entered the tasting area. Every wine we tried was well balanced and after our tasting we bought several bottles. The staff is humorous and friendly and talk lovingly of their founder Walter _______ (can't use his last name). Definately worth the trip and after we had a great dinner in Hammondsport which is the town at the base of Keuka Lake. There are many other wineries along Keuka worth visiting as well.

Finger Lakes, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“The tasting room, restaurant , museum and gift shop not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We did the tasting at the vineyard and were pleasantly surprised, Bully Hill has produced some very good to excellent wines. We loved the "Love my Goat" and their Reisling which the area is known for. We are new to Hammondsport and especially loved the museum which not only cover the wineries history, but the area. Walter Taylor was a very special person and the wineries history displays a unique history not found at other wineries. Their restaurant to say the least, is fabulous. Don't miss that. Also the gift shop. You will fall in love with the area after you visit Bully Hill , we did, were lucky we now live here and can visit anytime.

Visited February 2013
Huntington, NY
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“nice view, good restaurant, terrible wine...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

went to the place by recommendation of co-workers... first time in my life that I left a winery without buying even a single bottle for memory sake... all I tasted was like cheap supermarket stuff, nothing memorable.. But the weather was great, presentation funny, nice lunch in an open deck overlooking beautiful lake - so, all-in-all, we had a good time. However, for good quality wines - there are better choices in this region... read my other review..

Visited August 2012