“Outstanding food and service”

Union Block Italian Bistro
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Hammondsport
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Exton. PA
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

My wife and I are not fans of the heavy fare served in the typical upstate New York Italian restaurant, but we went here on the recommendation of our B&B hostess. Our experience was excellent in all respects. The service was personal and unhurried. The food was very flavorful. Our appetizer was a melange of wonderful cheesy/vegetable/meat morsels. I had salmon with a shrimp scampi preparation, and my wife had a risotto-type dish. We usually share, as we did our appetizer and dessert, but we each liked our own entree so much we decided not to this time . My seafood was very fresh, and I loved the herb and cheese flavors. Our dessert was three very crisp cannolis with a strawberry and chocolate preparation. The wine list was interesting: my wife had a local chardonnay, and I had a 'petite noir' that tasted like a good merlot. Both were very tasty and amply poured. Prices were extremely reasonable for food this good.

This dinner was by far the best meal we had on a five day trip to Toronto.We were so impressed, we tried to go to the Union Block for lunch the next day (Monday), but they were closed. Alas.

1 Thank SteveExton_PA