“A Scrumptious Bit of Italy in a Sleepy New York Town” 5 of 5 bubbles

Union Block Italian Bistro
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Hammondsport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Bloomfield, New York
“A Scrumptious Bit of Italy in a Sleepy New York Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

After stopping at a few wineries on Keuka Lake for 4th of July weekend with my husband, mother-in-law, and aunt, we decided to go into Hammondsport for an early dinner. This restaurant was highly recommended by a friend who grew up in the Hammondsport area. We were all pleased that we listened to him. I was expecting something a little larger, but I enjoyed the quaint nature of the restaurant even more. We were seated immediately and were taken care of with great service throughout the dinner. We were told the antipasta platter was a house special and decided to try it instead of getting individual salads. It was delicious and included a large variety of tastes and textures. In addition, we were served warm garlic cheese rolls. Yum! My mother in law ordered the mac and cheese special (with shrimp and crab), which she thought was delicious (difficult to do as she is one difficult woman to please...). My husband and aunt ordered the ahi tuna pasta special. I thought it was strange to have ahi tuna and pasta combined, but the tuna was served rare and the dish actually worked really well! My aunt (whom was from North Carolina) said it was one of the best tuna dishes she ever had. I was undecided if I should order pasta with meatballs or filet. I eventually ordered the filet. It was perfectly medium, just as I ordered. In addition, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the server brought me one meatball with my meal as well. Even though we were all full, we decided to order dessert and split it. If the food was that good, we needed to get dessert, right? We did and it was wonderful. I look forward to coming back to this restaurant, maybe for weekend brunch. I would highly recommend this restaurant, especially to anyone looking for a good end to a beautiful day in the Finger Lakes. It will not disappoint.

Quakertown, PA
“Hummus Pizza was delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Cute place...we sat outside in the adorable town square. The food took awhile but then they explained that my hummus pizza had gotten burnt. My pizza was fabulous (the 2nd one) and my husband panini was equally delicious!

Visited July 2014
“delicious food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

The antipasti is always delicious with a lot of variety and the pasta dishes especially the Mac and cheese specials are fabulous. The fishg is always fresh and the flat bread pizzas are always a crowd pleaser. I have always had tremendous service but Julia is my favorite. I can say nothing but great things about this place... except the wait for a table.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Yardville, New Jersey
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife and I heard many good things about this restaurant, its wonderful pizza, so we were anxious to try it. We are both pizza lovers and come from a section of NJ that has excellent pizza restaurants. We ordered the margarita flatbread pizza and we were disappointed. The flatbread was tasteless and the tomatoes were not cooked properly - underdone. The cheese was only ok. Overall we were not satisfied. Perhaps we are spoiled by the wonderful pizza restaurants in our home area. The Union Block restaurant is long and narrow so the atmosphere is unsatisfactory and the tables are very close together with limited privacy. On the positive side we were seated right away and the service was excellent. If we return it will be to try the pasta dishes.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Canandaigua, New York
“Scrumptious!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our B & B. We owe them an enormous Thanks! It was absolutely marvelous. The service was top notch. The food was excellent! The server's suggestions were spot on! We eat in Little Italy in every city we've visited that has one, plus many other Italian restaurants and enjoy them. Did not expect such a great experience in this area. Wish we lived closer. We would be regulars. Will certainly eat here if in the area again.